Securing Storage With Access Keys and Shared Access Signatures in Microsoft Azure
In this hands-on lab, we secure an existing Azure storage account and provide temporary access to the blob storage. We do this by utilizing the built-in security features in the Shared Access Signature Keys. This is important because we always want to give the least permissions and access level required for the individual to do their job. After completing this lab, you will be familiar with the following tasks.
- Forcing HTTPS access to the storage account.
- Restricting access to the storage account via IP address.
- Regenerating the Access Key.
- Creating a blob storage container.
- Obtaining the Access Key/Shared Access Signature.
- Limiting permissions to the storage objects.