Time required: 2 Hours
In this lab, you will install the ChefDK and configure a CentOS 7 workstation to support a testing environment, as well as intantiate a new cookbook using a generator and create InSpec tests and the Chef code to pass those tests. You will also create a template, a library, and a custom resource. From there, you will create a wrapper cookbook and integrate the two as an example.
Log in to the provided CentOS 7 instance using the provided credentials and complete the objectives.
1. Install the ChefDK.
2. Configure your workstation environment.
3. Create a generator.
4. Generate a cookbook called lcd_web using your generator.
5. Create InSpec tests and the Chef code to pass the tests.
6. Create a template.
7. Create a simple library.
8. Create a custom resource.
9. Create a wrapper cookbook.