diskedit@gmail.com

3 years ago

I passed. I now have all three Associate Certifications!

I got an 87%.
Thanks for the great training.
I am working on the Professional level certs now. I'm finding the training to really be helping in my job since I exclusively manage AWS environments right now.

Image of rilindo
rilindo
3 years ago
Congrats!
Image of stephen
stephen
3 years ago
Great job Ben, Congrats!
Image of tcox
tcox
3 years ago
What an accomp,ishment!
Image of klack
klack
3 years ago
Congrats on getting the trifecta Ben!
Image of Danny
Danny
3 years ago
Cheers!
Image of christophelimpalair
christophelimpalair
3 years ago
That's amazing. Congratulations, and best of luck with the pro level exams!
Image of culhwch
culhwch
3 years ago
Congrats!
Image of pythianfarhan
pythianfarhan
3 years ago
Congrats Buddy
Image of moomyv
moomyv
3 years ago
Congrats!
Image of Tonyab33
Tonyab33
3 years ago
Congrats Ben..good work!
Image of dpham80@gmail.com
dpham80@gmail.com
3 years ago
Congrats Ben. How long did you studied for all 3 exams and was LA your only source? Many thanks in advance
Image of icld2016
icld2016
3 years ago
Ben, please let me know is LA was your only way for sysops admin
Image of diskedit
diskedit
3 years ago
I believe LinuxAcademy.com and the extra white paper suggestions as well as real-world use is enough to pass the exam. I did, however, also take the courses at acloud guru. I felt like it would give me a different perspective from a different instructor, and it also provided an entire extra review of all the materials. My study time was done over 3-4 weeks and included all the videos and labs for all three Associate tracks as well as many of the recommended white papers. I basically crawled into a hole for that month and just studied. I spent 40-60 hours/week on top of my regular job and life to get all of that covered. I learned a huge amount during that time. I was able to take many of the concepts and apply them immediately at my job. My recommendation, especially if you do not actively work in AWS, is to take longer and really practice the concepts you are learning. When I interview people who have certifications, I specifically ask how long they studied, were there bootcamps involved and how much real-world experience they have. I do not appreciate "paper" certifications, so I hold myself to the same standard of really knowing the material. Read the AWS forums and try to contribute, study the white papers and do all the labs. This is an exciting field and can be a lot of fun.
Image of dpham80@gmail.com
dpham80@gmail.com
3 years ago
Ben - many thanks for the sincere explanation. You have a great day.