Pravin

3 years ago

Hired by AWS Professional Services

Hi Guys,
I was made an offer by AWS Professional Services as a Cloud Infrastructure Architecture Consultant (mouthful, I know) and I've accepted their offer!
It took a long 6 weeks altogether from the recruiter getting in touch on Linkedin to the offer -though the delay was mainly because I was on a 2 week holiday in between .
The stories on the interwebs are true: The interviews can be tough if you arent prepared. Thanks to Linuxacademy I was fully prepared. I took the AWS pro practice exam before the phone screen and it boosted my confidence :-)
The loop interview- 5 rounds-interviews are fun but challenging and needs preparation too especially for the Leadership principles. Technical questions were deep and thorough, but with 18 yrs of experience and 2.5 yrs of AWS hands -on and 3 certifications, I was pretty confident. There was also a written assignment which was great fun since it made me consider a range of AWS services in my architecture design proposal -from lambda , cognito, to kinesis and elastic beanstalk and aurora .
They are extremely thorough and its quite satisfying to realize that Anthony and Terry and the rest of the community here were my virtual mental backups. So thank you Linuxacademy!
PS: I am deferring the CSA Pro for now since AWS employees can get a 50% discount in the fees ;)

Image of
3 years ago
Congratulations on that achievement. Thank you for the kind words and we are proud if we were able to assist you in any way!
Image of culhwch
culhwch
3 years ago
Congrats! And thank you for sharing!
Image of johnbryanzero
johnbryanzero
3 years ago
Great job! Congrats on your new position, hope you enjoy it!
Image of kerford
kerford
3 years ago
Congratulations Pravin! Really interesting story. All the best in the new job.
Image of stephen
stephen
3 years ago
That's fantastic Pravin, congrats!
Image of Danny
Danny
3 years ago
Awesome! Congrats!
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
3 years ago
Congratulations, Pravin! Enjoy the new job. :)
Image of anthony
anthony
3 years ago
Congrats!
Image of jjacobs
jjacobs
3 years ago
Congrats Pravin! Enjoy your new role, but never stop learning :-)
Image of jjacobs
jjacobs
3 years ago
Congrats Pravin! Enjoy your new role, but never stop learning :-)
Image of christophelimpalair
christophelimpalair
3 years ago
Incredible, great job!