Skip to main content
jdockendorf

4 years ago

AWS Cert Dev - Assoc - Exam Passed 1st time

The Linux Academy course did an excellent job of preparing for this exam. The instructor was thorough, explained everything clearly, used good reinforcing examples and the pacing was just right. Highly recommended if you want to pass the exam on the first try.

Image of anthony
anthony
4 years ago
Congrats!
Image of christophelimpalair
christophelimpalair
4 years ago
John, congratulations!! Thanks for the kind words :)Do you have plans to go after any other certifications?
Image of jdockendorf
jdockendorf
4 years ago
Yes, current plans are to pursue the following additional certs this year (in this order): - AWS Solution Architect - Associate - AWS Solution Architect - Professional - AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional Linux Academy has the first two covered and it appears some of the pieces applicable to the 3rd. Do you have a date for a complete AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional course?
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
4 years ago
Congratulations, John!
Image of
4 years ago
Great job!
Image of andrews.bain
andrews.bain
4 years ago
John, Great job. Congrats!!!
Image of tyler.long@mckenneys.com
tyler.long@mckenneys.com
4 years ago
Congrats sir! How much prior practical experience have you had with AWS prior to taking the course and exam? I'm looking to take the Solution Architect exam myself and have had a few folks suggest that actual experience managing production systems is helpful. While I only have about a year or so under my belt, knowing what your background and expertise looks like will help me gauge what I need to concentrate on.
christophelimpalair
4 years ago
John, that's awesome. Good luck to you for the other certifications, but I have no doubt you will do well!For the DevOps course, since you're doing it last, I'm pretty sure it will be done by then. We will have an early release by the end of May, just to give you a general time frame.
Image of jdockendorf
jdockendorf
4 years ago
Tyler, thanks. The Linux Academy training materials were great, including the labs. While their materials and some hands-on time reinforces the retention, don't sweat having minimal production experience. I also supplemented with reading AWS White papers and FAQs, but don't get overwhelmed with the quantity or think you have to read them all. Pick and choose carefully the most applicable.
christophelimpalair
4 years ago
John, were there any particular white papers that you would recommend?