Skip to main content
sathishkumarca

4 years ago

Passed AWS Certified Solution Architect - Professional Level

Hi Antony and LA team,
Many thanks for your valuable in-depth course content and Hands on Labs. Without LA I couldn't have achieved this. This is my 4th AWS certification supported by Linux Academy Team.
Here is my journey.
1. Passed AWS CSA associate in Oct 2015.
2. Passed AWS Certified Developer associate in December 2015.
3. Passed AWS sysops associate exam in January 2016.
4. Passed AWS CSA professional level in April 2016.

Eagerly waiting for AWS developer professional course from LA.
Antony - Any ETA for Dev professional?

Next I want to go for devops course from LA . Can you pls. suggest good devops course (with professional certification) which is most commonly used in Industry (Puppet / Chef / Jenkins?).

Again thanks a lot for your great effort to make us experts !!!.

Image of stephen
stephen
4 years ago
Congrats Sathish!
Image of christophelimpalair
christophelimpalair
4 years ago
Wow, you're knocking these certifications out! That's awesome. Congratulations!
Image of
4 years ago
Congratulations!
Image of anthony
anthony
4 years ago
Congrats!I've started working on DevOps professional, yes! Hopefully will have some of the content available in late May. It's a pretty in-depth and complex topic.
Image of sathishkumarca
sathishkumarca
4 years ago
Thanks for your update Anthony. Can you please suggest devops course which is most commonly used in Industry (Puppet / Chef / Jenkins?)
Image of maverick72
maverick72
4 years ago
@SathishTake the Puppet course from LA. It's a complete course that will get you another Certification (i got mine with the help of LA). As far as industry goes Puppet is still in front of the others (Chef, Saltstack, Ansible) BUT the gap is closing. Still Puppet is vastly used in Enterprise since it's a great product which incomporated a dashboard (that the others lacked at the time). It's not the case anymore but Puppet already as a large client base so it helps to find a job. Jenkins is a continous integration tool.... not the same thing. Take the devops introduction from LA it's great a understanding the different tools. Great job on the certification!
Image of sathishkumarca
sathishkumarca
4 years ago
Hi Eric, Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Did u have working knowledge of puppet before LA course? I will start puppet course shortly.
Image of tyodongss
tyodongss
4 years ago
Great job!
Image of maverick72
maverick72
4 years ago
@SathishJust a few bits here and there before taking the LA course.... BUT we use it at work so i had a full grown production environment to test.... that helps alot...the thing is the labs able you to build anything you want but when you start you just don't know how a production environment is layed out.... also the big thing missing from LA course to be "work ready" is to have a big corporate workflow that would incorporate git, control-repos, pre-commits checks, jenkins with testing, post-commits hooks to r10k and the likes. Of course you don't need this for certification (and i fully understand why LA don't go there) but you definatly need this to be efficient in a work environment (that would be one of the question i would ask if i was interviewing a potential devops candidate "describe me the workflow you used and if you can how would you make it better").
Image of sathishkumarca
sathishkumarca
4 years ago
Thanks Eric !!!
Image of dominodivine
dominodivine
4 years ago
Congrats to you :-)
Image of andrews.bain
andrews.bain
4 years ago
Congrats!
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
4 years ago
Congratulations, Sathish!
Image of Sufianali
Sufianali
4 years ago
Wow! Congratulations Sathish.
Image of klack
klack
4 years ago
Nice job Sathish! You are really knocking out these certifications!
Image of paustin01
paustin01
4 years ago
Congrats Sathish! Appreciate seeing your journey above as well. I just signed up with Linux Academy today with the intention of going for the SysOps Associate test first. After reviewing some of the info on the site I'm wondering if I should start with the CSA trainings/test instead? I'm a DevOps engineer (if there is such a thing) with 5+ years of AWS experience across many of the major products (EC2/S3/RDS/Elasticache/SQS and more) and loads of experience with Chef and other methods of automating said AWS infrastructure. Do you or anyone on this thread think it's worth (or recommend) going for the CSA in my case? Thanks so much for your thoughts and congrats on your achievements again!
Image of sathishkumarca
sathishkumarca
4 years ago
Hi Phil, SysOps is toughest among all 3 associate exams. First go through LA CSA course (If required go for certification), then proceed with Sysops training and certification. Once you complete CSA course, you will have basic understanding of all AWS services. Any particular reason you select SysOps exam?
Image of paustin01
paustin01
4 years ago
Wow Sathish, thanks for the quick response. The community here really does seem awesome. I was thinking going with the SysOps cert because I have more IT/Operational background than I do application development. Most of my development experience has been in automating infrastructure via Chef/Ruby/Bash/Powershell etc... Would you advise going the CSA (Associate) => Development (Associate) track first instead?
Image of sathishkumarca
sathishkumarca
4 years ago
Yes . My order is CSA Associate => Dev Associate => Sysops Associate. All the best !!
Image of varuncapr89
varuncapr89
4 years ago
congrats !