Skip to main content
Gregory-bekkers@hotmail.com

4 years ago

Passed RHCE

After i passed RHCSA with 283 / 300 points i also passed my RHCE with 262 /300 points :D

Image of
4 years ago
Wow - great job!
Image of gregorybekkers
gregorybekkers
4 years ago
Any idea when RHCE will be added do Certifications? :) i can't choose it yet
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
4 years ago
Congratulations, Gregory!
Image of gregorybekkers
gregorybekkers
4 years ago
Thanks you
Image of gregorybekkers
gregorybekkers
4 years ago
Thanks you
Image of amclinux
amclinux
4 years ago
good job - I have been studying for RHCE for past few weeks. Any advice you can give ? I passed RHCSA earlier this month and hope to pass RHCE without much trouble, which I took the test during RHEL 6 and was a few points off from passing.
Image of gregorybekkers
gregorybekkers
4 years ago
I Used Sander van Vugt's Book and Video course. Also the parts of LA that are ready yet. And i did the classroom course RH254 through my employer.Best is: - Be familiar with Firewalld - Be familiar with SeLinux (semanage, fcontext,ports etc.) - Be familiar with networking and nmcli (teaming, bonding, ipv6) This is the most important and you must know 100% because you need it for every service you install. - Know how to make an iscsi disk with lvm backend - Be familiar with the services you need to install. - Practice shell scripting as well.Look here for the full exam objectives : https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/ex300-red-hat-certified-engineer-rhce-exam And make it a checklist for yourself.On the exam - Easy bits first - Always start and enable services (dont forget to enable because everything needs to running on boot) - Always —permanent on firewall rules - look at history to see mistakes - Reboot and check services again - _netdev in fstab for networked services - Look at the log files for errors.
Image of stephen
stephen
4 years ago
Congrats on the pass Gregory!
Image of Danny
Danny
4 years ago
Great job!
Image of amclinux
amclinux
4 years ago
Gregory Thanks . I will spend alot of time practicing. It shouldnt be to bad. I have taken rhce before and like you was a few points off passing first time, but that was during rhel 6.