Skip to main content
adedayosamuel80@gmail.com

4 years ago

LFCS Certified, yay!

You guys are a Godsend resource. Thank you LinuxAcademy & thank you Terry!! :)

Image of Jydog123
Jydog123
4 years ago
Congrats, did your just use linux academy or other resources?
Image of anthony
anthony
4 years ago
Congrats!
Image of stephen
stephen
4 years ago
Congrats Adedayo!
Image of christophelimpalair
christophelimpalair
4 years ago
Congratulations on passing :)!
Image of
4 years ago
Nice job - glad my course was able to help!
Image of adedayosamuel80
adedayosamuel80
4 years ago
Thanks everyone! @John: No, Linux Academy was my main resource, yup, Terry is that good! :). I tried other resources like Linux Foundation's LFS201 course, and the Linux bible (which is a good read btw) but couldn't make headway with them, plus I felt they weren't focused enough with regards to the exam objectives. Any other external resource used was in following the video examples or doing the labs. My [unsolicited] advice to LFCS students :) -- TAKE NOTES (crucial when revising!), follow the examples, do the labs...and in the exam, type fast and don't spend too much time customizing your environment. Wasted 15mins trying to do that. Time flies fast! Feature Request to LinuxAcademy -- Please provide an option for closed captioning on the side of the screen or transcripts. Would make taking notes much easier and prevent a lot of rewinds, saving time to complete the videos.
Image of italianT0matojr
italianT0matojr
4 years ago
Congratulations!
Image of davidbrotherton
davidbrotherton
4 years ago
Well done:)
Image of Jydog123
Jydog123
4 years ago
Cheers and congrats again
Image of razzii10
razzii10
4 years ago
congrats!
Image of adedayosamuel80
adedayosamuel80
4 years ago
Thanks everyone
Image of srikanth5a6
srikanth5a6
3 years ago
Hey Adedayo congrats , I am planning to take the LFS201 Essentials of System Administration by Linux foundation. so, is these video and labs sufficent to pass the exam and are the exam questions simillar to lab questions in linux academy if not where can we get the model questions . like how many questions we will get? as the exam is for 2 hours. I was searching but didn't any forum or any one who can share their experience about the linux foundation LFS 201 certification Sys Admin.
Image of rilindo
rilindo
3 years ago
I took the LFS201 course. It has value, as it does have a lot of labs to work with and it includes the exam with a free-retake. You do most of your labs in a virtual machine that you need to load on your laptop. If you are unable to get that setup for whatever reason, you should use Linux Academy for you LFCS provider, taking advantage of the labs they setup and pay for the exam separately.
Image of Jydog123
Jydog123
3 years ago
Love Adedayoa idea of closed captioning. Congrats
Image of adedayosamuel80
adedayosamuel80
3 years ago
Hi Srikanth, Linux Academy's videos and labs were sufficient to pass the exams for me, and Rilindo made a good point also - You should go with the learning style and provider that work best for you. I think you will be well served by Linux academy, but try the LFS201 course on Linux Foundation if you already have access to it so you can compare and see what material you prefer or you could learn from both sources. I've shared my exam experience in a previous comment. Goodluck!
Image of srikanth5a6
srikanth5a6
3 years ago
Thank you guys . I have registered for LFS201 and saw the pdf material . Now, I 'm comfortable with linux academy as here we got videos discussed in exam format. so, I want to know whether we get the same lab questions Considered in Linux academy for exam or they will be same type? I have gone to the syllabus for exam which is different from what is shown in linux academy as some topics include List & identify SELinux/AppArmor file & process contexts 2. Configure & modify SELinux/AppArmor policies 3. Configure PAM .may be Linux foundation have updated the syallabus for exam. Please Correct me or guide me to pass the exam ,who ever has completed the Linux foundation Sys Admin 201 .
Image of rilindo
rilindo
3 years ago
You will be tested on the same material. Due to NDA, we can't tell you if you will get the same questions. What you will need to go through the material and then practice enough so that you can complete the course objective without any problem.