bbrawner

4 years ago

Passed the LFCS!

It was my second attempt, but thankfully there are free retakes! Thank you Linux Academy!

Image of
4 years ago
Nice job!
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
4 years ago
Congratulations, William!
Image of klack
klack
4 years ago
Congrats William!
Image of stephen
stephen
4 years ago
Congrats William!
Image of anthony
anthony
4 years ago
Congrats!
Image of rilindo
rilindo
4 years ago
Congrat!
Image of mattheal
mattheal
4 years ago
I'm planning on taking the test this week, anything I should be on the look out for?
Image of bbrawner
bbrawner
4 years ago
I'd make sure you have LVM management down, because that question was the heaviest question as far as point value goes (at least in my exam) and there were many questions about user management, so I would make sure you know that well too. Pay attention to the syntax for NFS mounts with the /etc/fstab file as well. Aside from those things, as long as you've seen the videos, you should be fine. I would also use one of the servers here to practice some skills like finding files that are bigger/smaller than a certain size, finding processes by a certain user, etc. One thing I didn't know how to do (not sure if I missed it in the videos or if it wasn't there) was limiting the number of processes members in a group were allowed to have running. I can't think of much more to say other than basic test-taking skills like skipping answers you aren't sure about and returning to them after you've answered all that you can confidently and using the resources you have available to you (i.e. man/info pages in this case)