Skip to main content
jjjenkins

2 weeks ago

LPI Linux Essentials Exam | 010-160 | Passed!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share the good news that I passed the exam today! Thanks so much for the help and all the support from this great community. :-)

I plan to continue down this path and get the LPI-1 cert as well! This is a great learning platform and a wonderful community!

-Justin

Image of kevinpjames
kevinpjames
2 weeks ago
Awesome!   Well done.
Image of
2 weeks ago
Justin, Awesome!! Congrats!!
Image of
2 weeks ago
Hey Justin, congrats on passing the exam!  The LPIC-1 is a great next step, if you have any questions, there are a few of us very very familiar with that track, we'd love to help you along your way!

Ross
Image of jjjenkins
jjjenkins
2 weeks ago
Ross, thank so much brother! I really appreciate that! I am seriously considering going that route.

After passing that exam, I realize I still have more basic material to get comfortable with. There were some questions I missed on the exam, and there was some material in the exam not covered in the current course here, which is a bummer. I signed a release that says I can't talk about specific questions on the exam, but I'm hoping you guys do an update for the next group of people who want to take that test. I would reccomend anyone who takes the test go through that online material at the LPIC website. I am going through it now and that's where some of the missing material is covered.

Thanks again for the great learning platform and great classes! I love Linux and I'm having a blast getting to know it way better than I ever have before. This is a great community!

-Justin
Image of jjjenkins
jjjenkins
2 weeks ago
Thanks so much, Julie!
Image of
2 weeks ago

Congratulations!

Image of
2 weeks ago
Great job Justin!
Image of lfowler
lfowler
2 weeks ago
That's awesome! Congrats Justin.
Image of
2 weeks ago
Great going, Justin!  Keep it up!
Image of
2 weeks ago
Woot Woot!!! Congratulations!
Image of
2 weeks ago
Congratulations!
Image of Myles Young
Myles Young
1 week ago
Well done!
Image of
1 week ago
Nice!
Image of TJ Khara
TJ Khara
1 week ago
Hi Justin - great job. Any tips for preparing?
Image of
1 week ago
Congrats, Justin!!
Image of
1 week ago
Well done!!!
Image of
1 week ago
Great job Justin! Keep up the hard work!
Image of jjjenkins
jjjenkins
1 week ago
Hey @TJ Khara! Thanks so much!

I would recommend going through the online learning docs available on the LPIC website in addition to the course material. I am planning on treating those docs as my pseudo textbook moving foward. Kind of like in college where I would have a lecture from a prof and then a text book.

Other than that, spend enough time to really memorize the concepts. It's one thing to be able to go to the man pages or google to figure out some nit picky thing on the job. But for these tests, it has to all be memorized. Bit of a bummer but I guess it proves you really know it!

- Justin
Image of jjjenkins
jjjenkins
1 week ago
Thank you so much for all the encouragement everyone! This is really an enjoyable experience learning all this cool stuff!! :-)
Image of
1 week ago
Great job!
Image of TJ Khara
TJ Khara
1 week ago
Thansk Justin!
Image of jjjenkins
jjjenkins
1 week ago

Hey TJ! One of the guys from the helpdesk got back to me and let me know there was a newer version of the course. I went to the learning path for Linux and used the course that was in there. But apparently they've updated it. Here's a link to a newer version of the course. Perhaps they cover the material in this version that I found missing in the old one. I'm going thorugh it now to see but I'm only at the very begining of it. Hope this helps! https://linuxacademy.com/cp/modules/view/id/346

Image of TJ Khara
TJ Khara
3 days ago
Hi Justin,

Thanks so much for this. After your post I reached out to them as well and they pointed me to the same course. I'm going through that now. Would love to hear your feedback on the course to see how relevant you think this new one is. I am learning a lot through it though.

Justin - I was hopint to connect with you on linked in if possible and maybe just bounce off a few questions about prepping for linux essentials and other linux certs as well.

This is me on linked in if you wouldn't mind connecting:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tjkhara/

Best,

TJ.

Image of jjjenkins
jjjenkins
3 days ago
Sure thing brother! I'll reach out to you!