Skip to main content
piyushgaur2011

10 months ago

Kubernetes Exam

I'm preparing for kubernetes Admin exam but i'm bit nervous about the problems they might ask in exam. Also, i would like to know what would be the best way to create resources during exam, imperative or declarative way?

Image of wboyd
wboyd
10 months ago
Make sure you familiarize yourself with the documentation as much as possible, since you can use the kubernetes docs on the exam. I usually use the declarative way. When it comes to the exam, I personally find declarative easier than memorizing all the flags for imperative.
Image of chadcrowell
chadcrowell
10 months ago
Hello Piyush! Here is some feedback from others in the community that I think you will find useful:
 @ychetankumarsarma-6ac2c4f3 said:
Go through the "Kubernetes the Hard Way" course as many times as you can.  He says the only way to pass the exam is to practice, practice, practice! He also said making a mental map of the kubernetes.io helped him. Also use the template generators as much as possible to create pod templates and change the generators to respective available objects as required:
kubectl run --dry-run -o yaml --generator=run-pod/v1

He also says to use aliases as much as you can. He created aliases for kubectl create, kubectl get pods, the kubectl get deployments and the generator command above.  He says also use the "source <(kubectl completion bash)" to autocomplete kubectl commands.
Image of chadcrowell
chadcrowell
10 months ago
 @cruzancaramele says:

Kubernetes the Hard way helped him as well.  He also ensured that he could solve all the exercises and exam prep questions from the CKA course in about an hour (he recommends trying to time yourself).  He also recommends reading the handbook (https://www.cncf.io/certification/candidate-handbook).

He goes on to say that during the exam, use editors that you are familiar with (vim or nano).  You are allowed to use kubernetes.io/docs during the exam but only 1 extra tab is allowed for it.

Image of piyushgaur2011
piyushgaur2011
10 months ago
Thanks a ton for all the help. :)