Skip to main content
adriancantrill

2 years ago

Certified Security Specialty Exam

Hi All, I just wanted to make a point of saying I sat the exam this morning as my final check on the course quality and relevance and the questions were exactly in the areas I expected. 100% confident that the course is a great prep for the exam. If you have any specific questions please ask!

/Adrian

Image of
2 years ago
That's good to know, Adrian - I'm now 19% through and have this notion, if I have some free time, to sit the exam at re:Invent. :)

If not shortly after I'm back, so knowing that this one really matches the topics (and I'm actually grateful that you frequently point out parts that *are* important for the exam) is great to know!

BTW, what's the accent? It ain't Brisbane. :D Manchester? Something midlandish? ;)
Image of adriancantrill
adriancantrill
2 years ago
It's a mixture of 'doncaster' 'york' 'london' 'brisbane' :)
Image of adriancantrill
adriancantrill
2 years ago
And if you are at re:invent lets grab a beer or something :)
Image of
2 years ago
That's worse than me which is a mix of Bavarian, US west coast, midwest, Melburnian.

Aye on the beer - I assume you'll be at the certification celebration? Pub crawl is questionable - I want to catch at least ONE show while I'm there! :D
Image of bvaddi-0711de45
bvaddi-0711de45
2 years ago
thats terrific to know. I just started on this today @adriancantrill . Also ,  can I fork the entire deck from the flashcards section? I see that I can fork only individual cards. how to I fork the whole deck ( instructors deck) ? please let me know
Image of
2 years ago
I just did the exam and passed, so I can attest that @adriancantrill

s'  course is a good foundation which covers most material, but I would not advise on taking the exam solely based on this course. I also recommend reading some AWS Security related Blog posts and watching re:Invent videos on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNV-8I8TDG4S8L-f6h8TdVuKnSy-T5ia9

Next to that,create some AWS accounts, just to play with Organizations,  Cross Account  logging and acccess. It will probably cost you a few dollars, but it is definitely worth doing.

What was missing from the course material was write-once-read-many ( WORM ) on which I had like 3 or 4 questions. Luckily I did come across this on the AWS blogs, so I had enough information to nail most of these questions.

Image of alkeshvipani
alkeshvipani
1 week ago
Hi Adrian,

This course seems to have been published on Dec 30 2017 ( as per the mobile app). Is it still relevant and not out dated? Can I  completely rely suggestions / solutions given in this training for the certification exam?

Thanks.