Skip to main content
james2018

2 years ago

Passed the RHCSA

I just passed the rhcsa yesterday! The rhcsa course practice labs/practice exam really helped. I also studied from other sources. The exam was a great experience and will be studying for the rhce  for the next 2 months.

Passing score: 210

Your score: 283

user_356804_5b80c2b047684.png_800.jpg

Image of
2 years ago

WELL DONE AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACHIEVEMENT!!! THIS IS YOUR REWARD FOR ALL THE HARD WORK. ENJOY EVERY BIT OF IT.

Image of
2 years ago
Just great, James! Congratulations and keep on growing!
Image of ankitpule
ankitpule
2 years ago
Congratulations James. Great work. I am posting  this in order to get useful suggestions from you since you cleared the exam.

I am new to linux academy. I took RHCSA exam couple of days back, but didn't clear. This was my 3rd Attempt. My score is '0'.I was searching online what could i have done wrong in the exam, and was directed to this page. I am sharing my experience about RHCSA exam. I emailed Redhat regarding my score. This is what the reply was : "

"At the end of the exam, prior to grading all candidate systems are rebooted. Unfortunately yours did not reboot to a usable state due to a configuration error from your part and hence could not be graded".

I was actually able to reboot after initially configuring network settings and changing my default target to graphical.target. I solved all the questions. At end of the exam, i rebooted to check whether my work was intact. The grub provided two kernels to login (ofcourse one is new kernel which i installed as part of the exam question). I logged in to the new kernel but was directed to the resuce target. I provided the password and was able to access console. I checked my work, and everything was intact except for one LVM question. I wanted to solve it but the conslole was like a multi-user target with black background and white letters. I wondered whether my default target was multi-user but it was graphical. But this console was so bad, when i typed lv display i could see only the last lvm. I couldn't scroll up or down. That's so terrible. For that reason I wanted to reboot to the old kernel expecting to see a much better console (graphical.target). i couln'd reboot or don't know exactly whether the system rebooted or not because i just had 5 minutes and time was up.

I think when redhat tried to reboot the system it might have directed them to the resuce mode and for that reason they say i was not rebooted in to a usable state. I seriously don't understand what might have gone wrong. I read all the posts above and realized that few of them faced a similar problem . I thought i can post my problem which i faced during exam and get some useful suggestions. Please let me know why Redhat was not able to reboot the system? I installed the kernel as part of the exam question but was directed to resuce.target. All your suggestions and guidance will be well appreciated.

Thank you

Ankit Pule.

Image of
2 years ago
great job!
Image of anthony
anthony
2 years ago

Congratulations James!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com

Image of adonist
adonist
2 years ago
Well done mate! Congratulations
Image of
2 years ago
Way to go!
Image of
2 years ago
Great job!
Image of Sharique
Sharique
2 years ago
Greate
Image of Sharique
Sharique
2 years ago
I  have done with 100% Score
Image of
2 years ago
Thank you all for the kind words and comments! I'll continue to study and develop some more!
Image of davidcoy
davidcoy
2 years ago
Congrats, James!
Image of
2 years ago
Way to go, James! Congratulations!
Image of
2 years ago
Nice work! Good luck as you study for RHCE!
Image of
2 years ago
Woohoo! Congrats, James!
Image of kennyarmstrong
kennyarmstrong
2 years ago
Congratulations, James!
Image of
2 years ago
Great Job
Image of
2 years ago
Well done, James!  Congratulations!
Image of
2 years ago
Great effort, congratulations.
Image of
2 years ago
Way to go, James!  Congrats!
Image of
2 years ago
Fantastic!
Image of khawton
khawton
2 years ago
Boom! Congratulations, James!!!!
Image of Myles Young
Myles Young
2 years ago
Great job!
Image of
2 years ago
Great job!  Congrats.
Image of justinmitchell
justinmitchell
2 years ago
Well done, James! Congrats!
Image of
2 years ago
Congratulations!
Image of
2 years ago

Excellent work James!

Image of fernandomc
fernandomc
2 years ago
Nice work! Way to pass with a whole 63 extra points!! :D
Image of
2 years ago
Nice job, congrats!
Image of amy
amy
2 years ago
Well done!
Image of ingrid
ingrid
2 years ago

Excellent!! Congratulations! Your hard work has paid off.

Image of
2 years ago
Congrats, James!
Image of
2 years ago
Great news, James! Congratulations and Best of Luck!!
Image of rbeytell
rbeytell
2 years ago
Thats awesome James.  Great score.
Image of
2 years ago
Awesome job! Keep up the great work!
Image of donna1596
donna1596
2 years ago
Way to go, James!!
Image of
2 years ago
Way to go James.
Image of javh7117
javh7117
2 years ago
Great job James!
Image of hunterferrell
hunterferrell
2 years ago
Awesome!!! Good luck on the RHCE as well!
Image of trilliams
trilliams
2 years ago
Congrats, James!
Image of drumpat01
drumpat01
2 years ago
congrats!
Image of
2 years ago
Excellent James!
Image of
2 years ago
Congratulations on your high score, James!
Image of
2 years ago
Congrats!  Awesome score!
Image of
2 years ago
Nice work, congrats!
Image of
2 years ago
Thank you everyone! I'll continue to learn!
Image of
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of
2 years ago
Nice job, congrats!