Skip to main content
ja

1 year ago

Passed the RHCE 2 weeks ago! Thanks Linux Academy!

I kept wanting to post this as soon as I got the results in, but this certification definitely brings eyes to you and your resume. My current company immediately asked me to consider looking into devops certs to better my chances at fillilng a position. So I immediately started up on the puppet courses (next certification hopefully) and git.

These kinds of achievement posts from others have provided motivation to get the certs I've obtained thus far and this one is definitely the one I'm most proud of earning. Studied for months, practiced with dozens of vms being destroyed and recreated until I felt I knew all the objectives in my own way, in my own method. This is definitely one test you cannot just memorize steps or answers to. I've always studied to learn the objectives and concepts to a fundamental level and this test is the first one that put that learning method to the test. I was ready for the exam, but the sheer numberof things that needed to be completed during the 3.5 hours of the exam is daunting when you see it. Time management is definitely a key part of the exam, but the most important thing is to really know the material.

The Linux Academy course and the RHCSA/RHCE book by Michael Jang and what I think was endless researching online through forums, other videos, and other guides all helped. The Linux Academy course though, this gave me a structured path to learn everything, practice labs, videos to view the outcome and process, and really just everything available through the site is amazing. I used everything else as supplymentary information, because I wanted to really understand the material needing to be grasped for the objectives on the test and not trick myself into thinking I know something but in reality only knowing how it works in specific situations.

Thank you Linux Academy staff and community, honestly, this has to have been the best decision I ever made when I decided to jump into the Linux world a few years back and first signed up. Now I have all these certs, a nice job, advancement opportunites are everywhere, and I see no signs of slowing down when you guys keep cranking out quality content all the time!

Image of
1 year ago
Thank you for sharing your experience and your kind words - congratulations on your cerification!
Image of braun0
braun0
1 year ago
Woohoo!  Congrats, Jorge!
Image of drumpat01
drumpat01
1 year ago
Congrats!
Image of thomask
thomask
1 year ago
Awesome!

Image of seang
seang
1 year ago
Nicely done and thanks for the kind words! We love seeing those responses and look forward to seeing your next achievement!
Image of davidcoy
davidcoy
1 year ago
Excellent work, Jorge!
Image of craiga
craiga
1 year ago
Great job, Jorge!
Image of tiaaw
tiaaw
1 year ago
Congrats Jorge! Great job.
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
1 year ago
Amazing work, Jorge! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience.
Image of jlowerynyc
jlowerynyc
1 year ago
Just great, Jorge! Congratulations!
Image of aschae
aschae
1 year ago
Nicely done, Jorge!  Congratulations!
Image of mspearson
mspearson
1 year ago
Great job, Jorge! The RHCE is a tough exam!
Image of bpalmer
bpalmer
1 year ago
Congrats!
Image of ellmarquez
ellmarquez
1 year ago
That's so great to hear Jorge. Thank you so much for sharing your success with us.
Image of jerryw23
jerryw23
1 year ago
Great job Jorge!
Image of mayoung8
mayoung8
1 year ago
Awesome job!
Image of andru
andru
1 year ago
Way to go, Jorge! Stories like yours are why we do this!
Image of jamesh-00127635
jamesh-00127635
1 year ago
Well done Jorge you are awesome!
Image of alexanderlozada
alexanderlozada
1 year ago
Great job Jorge!
Image of wboyd
wboyd
1 year ago
Great work!
Image of koufax
koufax
1 year ago
Thanks for the feedback and congratulations on your accomplishment!
Image of kennyarmstrong
kennyarmstrong
1 year ago
Well done, Jorge!
Image of fernandomc
fernandomc
1 year ago
Awesome work, Jorge! We're happy we could help be part of your journey! Congrats and good luck with the advancement opportunities coming your way!
Image of pzona
pzona
1 year ago
Congratulations Jorge!
Image of tthomsen
tthomsen
1 year ago

Great job Jorge!

Image of rbeytell
rbeytell
1 year ago
Thats great to hear Jorge.  Thanks for sharing this with us.  We really appreciate getting this kind of feedback.
Image of davisengeler
davisengeler
1 year ago
Great job Jorge! Thank you for the advice and kind words. I'm happy to hear you pushed through the daunting exam and came out on top. As you mentioned, I'm sure others here are seeing your achievement and using as motivation of their own. That's awesome!
Image of trilliams
trilliams
1 year ago
Congrats, Jorge!
Image of tressisson
tressisson
1 year ago
Way to go!
Image of sgutierrez1124
sgutierrez1124
1 year ago
Congrats, Jorge!
Image of amy
amy
1 year ago
Well done!
Image of khawton
khawton
1 year ago
Great work and thank you for sharing your feedback and experience! Congratulations, Jorge!
Image of anthony
anthony
1 year ago

Congratulations Jorge!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com

Image of amy
amy
1 year ago
Well done!
Image of scoldham
scoldham
1 year ago
The RHCE is no joke.  Way to go!  You might consider looking at the RHCA devops path next.
Image of shirleymartin
shirleymartin
1 year ago
Super congrats t o you and thank you for the kind words.  We truly love our students and want them to be successful!
Image of javh7117
javh7117
1 year ago

Thanks Jorge for making us part of your journey!