ehuizar

1 year ago

Passed my AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate

As the title states, I passed the AWS CSA Associate today. Linux Academy did a good job at prepartion. Everything that was on the exam was covered in LinuxAcademy. Although, I did not find LA practice quizzes useful, i think the questions can be better written (also found a bunch of duplicate questions)..

What I did to prepare was 
  1. Watch all LA videos
  2. Read FAQs and documentation as much as possible (I know this process is long, this can be an endless amount of reading and overload on unrelated information for the exam, but i read the core services FAQ such as S3, EC2, EBS, etc and skimmed through the main points that linux academy pointed out for SQS, SWF, API Gateway, Lambda, etc)
  3. Read "AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide: Associate Exam" book. Although I think this book is outdated.
  4. I did the practice exams on the book above. I feel that these exam questions were better written and would better prepare.
  5. Whatever question I got wrong or didnt fully understand, I reread the section in the book, watched LA videos topic, and read the FAQ on it. This part is critical, and I think doing this part really helped the information stick
  6. Did labs with QwikLabs (although I didnt really like the platform, wont be using it again, wouldnt recommend) and CloudAssessment (I wished I thought of using this before I payed for QwikLabs)
  7. Took the practice exam by AWS. (I started studying off/on last 6 months, I took this exam when I started and right before I took the real exam, and right away i noticed the questions were exact, so i paid twice for the exact questions)
  8. Did the labs. Did the labs, Did the labs again. For anyone new to any topic, i encourage to do the lab, and make sure the concept sticks. IF there;s something the lab doesnt explain, read the FAQ. I'll use CloudFront as an example. For me I knew what it did, but the terminolgy confused me. I did the labs, and whatever I was not sure on I read up on it. The FAQ and ogther reading material. Then did it a few days later to test my memory.
As I stated before, I started studying last year around Novemeber, but was off and on. I dedicated alot of time the last 3 weeks.

Image of efrick
efrick
1 year ago
Congrats, nice job!
Image of amy
amy
1 year ago
Well done!
Image of keiththomps
keiththomps
1 year ago
Congratulations!
Image of drumpat01
drumpat01
1 year ago
Congrats!!
Image of khawton
khawton
1 year ago
That's awesome! Congratulations, Ernesto!!!
Image of tthomsen
tthomsen
1 year ago

Way to go Ernesto!

Image of javh7117
javh7117
1 year ago

Thanks for making us part of your journey!

Image of koufax
koufax
1 year ago
Good job, Ernesto! Congratulations on passing the CSA exam! Thanks again for the feedback and your tips. Good luck on your next journey.
Image of sgutierrez1124
sgutierrez1124
1 year ago
Congrats, Ernesto! 
Image of acostanzo
acostanzo
1 year ago
Congrats!
Image of davidcoy
davidcoy
1 year ago
Excellent job, Ernesto!
Image of kennyarmstrong
kennyarmstrong
1 year ago
Well done Ernesto!  Great feedback, too!
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
1 year ago
Amazing, Enesto! Congrats! And, yes, thank you for sharing your study tips and feedback.
Image of andru
andru
1 year ago
Way to go, Ernesto! The CSA is a tough exam.  We appreciate the feedback as well! 
Image of wayde
wayde
1 year ago
great work!
Image of sowhelmed
sowhelmed
1 year ago
Those are some great tips! Congrats on passing the exam! That hard work paid off. :D
Image of fernandomc
fernandomc
1 year ago
Congrats on passing! Also thanks for the feedback and suggestions to other students!
Image of seang
seang
1 year ago
Of course, you did it! Because you’re amazing! Great review steps!
Image of scotttravis
scotttravis
1 year ago
Excellent work ethic! Thank you so much for posting these tips, too! We've noticed, too, that the hands-on part is so important, that's why we're focusing really heavily on making our labs and other interactive content the best they can be.
Image of abaliem
abaliem
1 year ago
Congratulations, Ernesto! Thanks for sharing such great tips and feedback!
Image of anthony
anthony
1 year ago

Congratulations Ernesto!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com 

Image of donna1596
donna1596
1 year ago
Well done, Ernesto!  Your hard work and dedication paid off.  

Image of braun0
braun0
1 year ago
Woohoo!  Congrats, Ernesto!
Image of craiga
craiga
1 year ago
Great job, Ernesto!
Image of klewis
klewis
1 year ago
Well done, Ernesto!
Image of wboyd
wboyd
1 year ago
Great work, Ernesto!
Image of sarancurrie
sarancurrie
1 year ago

Thanks for making us part of your journey!

Image of trilliams
trilliams
1 year ago
Congrats, Ernesto!
Image of latrejas
latrejas
1 year ago
Great work. Ernesto!