Skip to main content
grinerbros

2 years ago

Passed the LPI Linux Essentials exam

THANK YOU Linux Academy for providing superior training materials. I learned so much from your site. Now I'm off to start training for my next Linux cert. But need some advice on which one to do next. I do know that I want to stay in the Linux category.

Image of amy
amy
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of seang
seang
2 years ago
Celebrate every victory
Image of davidcoy
davidcoy
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of
2 years ago
I would say if you are staying in the Linux category, your options are:

Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator
Red Hat Certified System Administrator
Linux Professional Institute Level 1

If you like the style of exam from Linux Essentials, LPIC-1 is your best bet. If you want a 'hands on' experience, the Red Hat or Linux Foundation exams will be your next adventure.

Thanks for the kind words and good luck!
Image of sgutierrez1124
sgutierrez1124
2 years ago
Great job!
Image of wayde
wayde
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of removed
removed
2 years ago
Congrats on the achievement! How long did it take you to prepare for the exam? I just started the course myself.
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
2 years ago
Congratulations!!

Terry's list is on point, but one more thing to think about is if you know the distribution of Linux you'll be working with -- for example, if you already work somewhere that mainly uses Debian, it might be better to take the LPI or Linux Foundation exam versus the Red Hat exam, which focuses on Red Hat-based distros. Just another thing to consider when choosing. :)
Image of kennyarmstrong
kennyarmstrong
2 years ago
Well done!  I second Elle's comments, choose a path that matches pretty close with your existing working environment.  If you are doing this outside of your current job, LPI is a great choice for a learning path.
Image of scoldham
scoldham
2 years ago
Well done!
Image of stephen
stephen
2 years ago
Congrats on the pass!  I concur with Kenneth that the LPI is a great way to continue.  You also have Linux Foundation paths and Red Hat paths that you can follow here!
Image of latrejas
latrejas
2 years ago

We’re so glad you enjoyed our course. Good luck as you move forward on your next.

Image of mayoung8
mayoung8
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of pzona
pzona
2 years ago
Congratulations!!! :D
Image of wboyd
wboyd
2 years ago
Great work!
Image of tressisson
tressisson
2 years ago
Great job!
Image of pkaplan
pkaplan
2 years ago
Some good answers above, so i won't confuse...CONGRATS on what appears to be just your first step!
Image of wboyd
wboyd
2 years ago
Great work!
Image of keiththomps
keiththomps
2 years ago
Congrats and keep the momentum going!
Image of davisengeler
davisengeler
2 years ago

Nice work!! Looks like great tips for moving forward. I'm sure you'll pick the right thing, grinerbros.  Good luck!

Image of tthomsen
tthomsen
2 years ago

Outstanding!

Image of trilliams
trilliams
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of drumpat01
drumpat01
2 years ago
Congrats!!
Image of braun0
braun0
2 years ago
Woohoo! Congrats, Grinerbros!
Image of anthony
anthony
2 years ago

Congratulations!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

Image of acostanzo
acostanzo
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of twillied
twillied
2 years ago
Congratulations
Image of khawton
khawton
2 years ago
Congratulations on passing!
Image of javh7117
javh7117
2 years ago
Awesome! Congrats!
Image of mubaraak
mubaraak
2 years ago
congratulations !
Image of efrick
efrick
2 years ago
Congrats, nice job!
Image of aschae
aschae
2 years ago
Well done!  Congratulations!
Image of grinerbros
grinerbros
1 year ago
Thanks everybody for your support and advice on what to do next. I have decided to go with LFCSA v3.18. I'm over halfway through that course and I think it's going well.  I use Ubuntu primary at work so this course is allowing me to get my hands dirty with CentOS, and its commands. At the end of the day, I'm learning new things everyday on LA and that is what I'm most thankful for. I plan on taking the exam in September.