Skip to main content
blanco750

2 years ago

Passed LPI Linux Essentials Exam

Hello Community ,

Passed my  LPI Linux Essentials Exam recently.  Here is the breakdown of my scores
Scales Score 610

Number Correct31

Number Incorrect9

Test Section InformationPercent Correct

The Linux Community and a Career in Open Source71%

Finding Your Way on a Linux System87%

The Power of the Command Line70%

The Linux Operating System62%

Security and File Permissions100%

I know the score is quite average or perhaps below average.

The biggest mistake I made was that I underestimated the exam a bit . I thought the exam is a bit easy so effectively just studied for 7-8 days max. I went through Kenny's videos twice in detail and made detailed notes from them . So I can confidently say that I almost knew Kenny's  videos 100% as I juust written down his videos into my notes bit by bit. I also did all the excercises and end of course mock exam thoroughly .

I think I got a bit unlucky too in the exam , 3-4 questions were really tough  . But 2-3 questions were apparently so easy but I had no clue to the right answer because I had never heard of that term/application etc .I thought I would get 5 questions wrong once I completed the last question of the exam but to my surprise it was 9 :(

The good thing is that for the first time I have started learning Linux in a proper structured way and I don't want to stop here .I would definitely keep learning.

But for now back to AWS as I already have passed AWS Solutions Architect associate exam (Thanks to LA) and booked the Developer exam next .

Btw paid the yearly subscrpition too to Linux Academy as I feel its really worth it;)

Special thanks to Kenny for preparing a great course and thanks once again to Linux Academy for being a great learning resource . Keep up the good work  !

Thanks,

Babar

Image of amy
amy
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of cnavneet
cnavneet
2 years ago
Many Congrats!!
Image of wayde
wayde
2 years ago
Great job!
Image of jlowerynyc
jlowerynyc
2 years ago
Beautiful Babar - you made it and you really thought hard about the exam. You're in a great place to keep moving forward!
Image of stephen
stephen
2 years ago
That’s awesome way to go on the pass!
Image of garciar
garciar
2 years ago
great! if I may ask, (I'm new here) are Kenny's videos part of the syllabus here?  I'm trying to get resources aligned along with this...
Image of blanco750
blanco750
2 years ago
Hello Raymundo, Yes Kenny's videos cover the syllabus thoroughly.If you stick to videos by going through those in detail and solving the excercises + end of course mock exam , you will be in a good position to pass. The most important of all is you will learn quite a lot from the videos .Also please don't forget to go though the study sheet pdf  which you can download from the course section. Best of luck !
Image of
2 years ago
Thanks for sharing your experiences for everyone and congratulations on your certification!
Image of seang
seang
2 years ago
They sky is the limit!
Image of davidcoy
davidcoy
2 years ago
Fantastic job, Babar!
Image of scoldham
scoldham
2 years ago
Glad you were able to pass babar.  7 to 8 days is a very quick study!
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
2 years ago
Awesome job, Babar! And in only a little over a week, too!
Image of kennyarmstrong
kennyarmstrong
2 years ago
Well done, Babar!  A little over a week is a quick study track.  One thing that I would recommend to anyone that is studying Linux is to practice as much as you can.  LPI does not create exams with 'gotcha' questions, but they do focus on practical knowledge a fair bit, which of course comes with practice.  Good luck on your next course!
Image of latrejas
latrejas
2 years ago
Great work, Babar! You are a quick study. We are glad you like it here. Thanks for signing on for the year!
Image of mayoung8
mayoung8
2 years ago
Congratulations!
Image of pzona
pzona
2 years ago
Nice work, Babar!
Image of tressisson
tressisson
2 years ago
Great job!
Image of wboyd
wboyd
2 years ago
Great work!!
Image of keiththomps
keiththomps
2 years ago
Congrats Babar! Good job diversifying your knowledge between Linux and AWS.
Image of davisengeler
davisengeler
2 years ago
Way to go, Babar! Keep up that hard work.
Image of tthomsen
tthomsen
2 years ago

Congrats Babar!

Image of trilliams
trilliams
2 years ago
Woo! Way to go!
Image of drumpat01
drumpat01
2 years ago
Congrats!!
Image of braun0
braun0
2 years ago
Woohoo!  Congrats, Barbar!
Image of anthony
anthony
2 years ago

Congratulations Babar!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

Image of acostanzo
acostanzo
2 years ago
Nice job, Babar!
Image of sgutierrez1124
sgutierrez1124
2 years ago
Well done, Babar!
Image of twillied