Skip to main content
removed

2 years ago

AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner

I just passed the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam. I'm targeting the AWS Security exam, which has Cloud Practitioner or any associate level cert as prerequisite. For preparation, I completed the AWS Essentials course and only Practitioner quizzes. Thanks Linux Academy.

Image of derekm1215
derekm1215
2 years ago
Awesome job!
Image of braun0
braun0
2 years ago
 @hasan_rizvi If that is the only AWS experience you have, I think the AWS security exam would be very difficult to pass.  I would suggest you take the Certified Solutions Architect (associate) course next.  And we are currently working on a new course specifically for the new AWS Security Specialty exam.
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
2 years ago
Great work, Syed!
Image of trent
trent
2 years ago
Congrats, Syed!

I agree with Thomas. The security exam has lots of real-world scenarios and complex questions that can involve multiple services working together. It is difficult and requires a lot of experience.

I know AWS will let you sit for the security exam with the Cloud Practitioner certification, but students will have a difficult time at that level of knowledge and experience.  I have taken it and would highly recommend some associate-level experience, such as the Certified Solutions Architect. The SysOps certification would be good to have as well because it covers the basics of monitoring the security certification builds upon.

The Security Specialty is an expensive exam. It is also the most difficult AWS exam I've taken so far, by a large margin. I wouldn't want anyone to be under-prepared and lose money.

Hope this helps...
Image of chadrm
chadrm
2 years ago
Congratulations, Syed!
Image of markrichman
markrichman
2 years ago

AWSome work! What's your next certification?

Image of amy
amy
2 years ago
Well done!
Image of klewis
klewis
2 years ago
Keep it up!