keeto

1 year ago

That One Time I Passed My Linux Essentials Exam!

As much as I love IT, Linux was the one thing that intimidated me. The lack of a GUI and the idea of having to learn the command line in order to navigate the OS was very intimidating. I have to say that taking the Linux Essentials course you guys offer has helped me get over my fear and understand Linux more. I was supposed to sit for the exam this coming Saturday, but after getting scores of 94%-100% passing scores on my practice exams, reviewing the flashcards, and going over the video notes, I knew it was time. Needless to say, I passed with a score of 670 out of 800 (passing score: 500). 

Thanks so much Linux Academy for not only providing excellent content to help me pass, but also for helping this girl get over her fear of the command line. I will be using you guys for my next certification!

Image of derekm1215
derekm1215
1 year ago
Wooot! Awesome job! Welcome to the Linux side!
Image of khawton
khawton
1 year ago
Did I read that right? You got a 670 out of 500? Amazing! Congratulations, Keithia!!
Image of klack
klack
1 year ago

Awesome score Keithia!

Image of acostanzo
acostanzo
1 year ago
Well done, Keithia!
Image of amy
amy
1 year ago
Way to go!
Image of markrichman
markrichman
1 year ago
Super job!
Image of keeto
keeto
1 year ago
Thanks everyone!
Image of kennyarmstrong
kennyarmstrong
1 year ago
Congratulations, Keithia!  As you have already found out, the command line is not a scary place, but where the real fun of a Linux system happens!
Image of efrick
efrick
1 year ago
Great job!
Image of scoldham
scoldham
1 year ago
Congrats Keithia!  As a node to Kenny's remarks, the more you work with the command line, the more you will find you beging to prefer it.
Image of davidcoy
davidcoy
1 year ago
Congrats, Keithia!
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
1 year ago
Amazing job, Keithia!

And to echo everyone else: The command line really does become like second nature once you get used to it! I'm so happy you got over that fear and absolutely rocked your exam!
Image of braun0
braun0
1 year ago
Woohoo!  Congrats on passing the exam!
Image of seang
seang
1 year ago
Your hard work paid off!
Image of drumpat01
drumpat01
1 year ago
Congrats!!
Image of
1 year ago
You did so well YOU BROKE THE SCORING SYSTEM!

Congratulations!
Image of koufax
koufax
1 year ago
That's a super high score, Keithia! Congratulations! The command line is your friend and a very powerful tool. I can't work without it.

Best of luck on your next adventure!
Image of tthomsen
tthomsen
1 year ago

Fantastic!

Image of fernandomc
fernandomc
1 year ago
Awesome work! That's an amazing score!
Image of winnieguan
winnieguan
1 year ago
That's awesome,  @keeto  !  Way to conquer the command line  - the first step to many achievements coming your way, I'm sure! Which certification will you be working towards next? We hope you'll continue sharing your successes with us, Cheers!
Image of ingrid
ingrid
1 year ago
Excellent work!! Your hard work and dedication has paid off! Time to celebrate your big achievement!
Image of latrejas
latrejas
1 year ago

We're so happy to be part of your journey to success! 

Image of nicholashendrix
nicholashendrix
1 year ago
That's great news!! Congratulations!!!
Image of wboyd
wboyd
1 year ago
Great work!!
Image of keiththomps
keiththomps
1 year ago
Congrats! The command line is one of those things that once you've tamed it you will rely on it more than you'd think. I opt for CLI tools over GUI based tools almost any time I can now. 
Image of efrick
efrick
1 year ago
Congrats nice job!
Image of klewis
klewis
1 year ago
That's awesome! Great job!
Image of wayde
wayde
1 year ago
Congrats!
Image of davisengeler
davisengeler
1 year ago
Wow! 670 out of 500?! You heard someone say "Give 110%" and decided that wasn't enough. Haha. Great work, Keithia!!
Image of keeto
keeto
1 year ago
 @davisengeler sorry, that was a typo. I meant 670 out of 800. Thank you!
Image of johnnawallace
johnnawallace
1 year ago
Wow, very impressive!  Congratulations.
Image of shirleymartin
shirleymartin
1 year ago
Super impressed.  Congrats to you, Keithia!
Image of trilliams
trilliams
1 year ago
Way to go, Keithia!
Image of anthony
anthony
1 year ago

Congratulations Keithia!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

Image of keeto
keeto
1 year ago
Done! Thanks, Anthony!