Skip to main content
marakai

2 years ago

Passed AWS CSA Assoc

I made it! After being certain I flunked it (because the question were so different from the course material/practise exams), I actually ended up with an 85%.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the course videos. Even less the practise exams - it's not that surprising they aren't an exact replica of the real exam. They did help by sheer repetition (I lost count how many I did For Practise and can't be bothered to look up how many I did For Real), but I believe what really got me over the line were flashcard decks. Over and over. And the advice to read the whitepapers.

Interestingly enough I got a mere 40% in one area, balanced by a 97% and 100% in two others. That was enough, together with the fourth area, to secure the decent overall score, likely due to the higher weighting of the ones I did well on.

So, my summary for others:

- do the practise exams until you want to scream, not just the 3 required times. Do them until you consistently score >90% every time, no exceptions, no outliers.
- flashcards, flashcards, flashcards.
- for heaven's sake, read those AWS whitepapers. All Of Them! There are nuggets in there that will promptly pop up in the exam. Out of the way details that can't and aren't being covered in the course. They *will* pop up like an inverted rake you left on the lawn and which you will promptly step on.

Image of davidcoy
davidcoy
2 years ago
Congrats, Michael and your feedback is great!
Image of craiga
craiga
2 years ago
Great job, Michael. And great feedback!
Image of kennyarmstrong
kennyarmstrong
2 years ago
Good job, Michael!
Image of latrejas
latrejas
2 years ago
Great work, Michael! Thanks for the feedback.
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
2 years ago
Congratulations, Michael!
Image of andru
andru
2 years ago
Great job, and great advice! Congrats on your pass!
Image of keiththomps
keiththomps
2 years ago
Congratulations Michael! Thanks for the advice.
Image of scotttravis
scotttravis
2 years ago
Heh, I'm digging your metaphors, Michael. :-) Thanks for passing on  the tips, and congrats on passing!
Image of wayde
wayde
2 years ago
Great job! Congrats!
Image of winnieguan
winnieguan
2 years ago
Hard work pays off - congrats on the achievement, Michael! And thank you for the tips for future test-takers!
Image of chadrm
chadrm
2 years ago
High five!
Image of jlowerynyc
jlowerynyc
2 years ago
Great advice, Michael! Congratulations for pulling it all together :)
Image of khawton
khawton
2 years ago
AWSome job and cngratulations Michael! Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience!
Image of trent
trent
2 years ago
Nice work, Michael! Congrats!
Image of seang
seang
2 years ago
What a rockstar ! Did you take the updated version maybe? Our course is still set for the prior version which is available until August. We're working on updates to match the new objectives.
Image of koufax
koufax
2 years ago
Congratulations, Michael! Love the rake analogy that you used there at the end. Good luck on your next journey!
Image of wboyd
wboyd
2 years ago
Great work, Michael!
Image of fernandomc
fernandomc
2 years ago
Awesome work Michael! Congrats on passing - sounds like your hard work paid off!
Image of tthomsen
tthomsen
2 years ago

Your hard work paid off Michael! What’s next for you?

Image of amy
amy
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of mspearson
mspearson
2 years ago
What a great feeling! Congrats!
Image of klewis
klewis
2 years ago
Great job, Michael!
Image of drumpat01
drumpat01
2 years ago
Congrats!!
Image of jamesh-00127635
jamesh-00127635
2 years ago

Congrats Michael! So glad to be a part of your journey! " They *will* pop up like an inverted rake you left on the lawn and which you will promptly step on." Has me giggling.

Image of davisengeler
davisengeler
2 years ago
Congrats! It always feels good to see a good result after thinking you did poorly. Is this your first certification? That's some awesome advice, too.
Image of acostanzo
acostanzo
2 years ago
Great job!
Image of abaliem
abaliem
2 years ago
Nice work! Congratulations on such great success!
Image of trilliams
trilliams
2 years ago
Congratulations, Michael!
Image of shawnarudd
shawnarudd
2 years ago
Congratulations Michael...and thank you for sharing the details of your "learning" and "testing" experiences...great advice!
Image of manga
manga
2 years ago
CONGRATULATIONS
Image of shahkayur
shahkayur
2 years ago
Congrats Michael!  did you take the new version (2018) or the old version of the SA test?
Image of marakai
marakai
2 years ago
 @shahkayur I played it safe and chose the old version as it matched the current LA course.

It seems there may be a similar transition for the Developer Associate, so it will be interesting how quickly LA adjust their course.
Image of braun0
braun0
2 years ago
Woohoo!  Congrats, Michael!
Image of aschae
aschae
2 years ago
AWSome, Michael!  You did it!
Image of shirleymartin
shirleymartin
2 years ago
Great score!  Congrats to you and thanks for the helpful advice to students.
Image of anthony
anthony
2 years ago

Congratulations Micheal!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com