robertjones

1 year ago

Passed Google Cloud Platform Architect exam

That was a very challenging exam, easily the hardest that I've taken so far.  Got three scenarios as opposed to two (TerramEarth, Dress4Win, and MountKirk Games).  TerramEarth was far and away the hardest of the three, and included some things that the course doesn't cover well.  Some Machine Learning questions starting to be added as well, it seems.

Thanks for the great course work, Parts 2 & 3 are critical to being ready for this monster.

Image of chadrm
chadrm
1 year ago
Great job, Robert!
Image of derekm1215
derekm1215
1 year ago
Great pass! 
Image of amy
amy
1 year ago
Well done!
Image of abaliem
abaliem
1 year ago
Nice work, Robert!
Image of jlowerynyc
jlowerynyc
1 year ago
That's just super, Robert! Thanks sharing your exam experiences too; every little bit of info helps :)
Image of keiththomps
keiththomps
1 year ago
Congrats Robert!
Image of opher
opher
1 year ago
Congrats on your success, Robert, and thank you for the priceless feedback regarding the course.
Image of tthomsen
tthomsen
1 year ago
Great job Robert!
Image of kennyarmstrong
kennyarmstrong
1 year ago
Congratulations, Robert!
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
1 year ago
Awesome job, Robert!
Image of trent
trent
1 year ago
Nice work, Robert!
Image of mattulasien
mattulasien
1 year ago
Great job Robert! Congrats on passing a really tough exam.
Image of wboyd
wboyd
1 year ago
Great work Robert! Congrats!
Image of mayoung8
mayoung8
1 year ago

Congratulations!

Image of seang
seang
1 year ago
Congrats!
Image of trilliams
trilliams
1 year ago
Way to go, Robert!
Image of drumpat01
drumpat01
1 year ago
Congrats!!
Image of shirleymartin
shirleymartin
1 year ago
Congratulations!
Image of khawton
khawton
1 year ago
Awesome job! Congratulations, Robert!!!
Image of krishan
krishan
1 year ago
Congratulations Robert!! Can you please share some useful tips. I am planning to give the exam in mid  march.
Image of robertjones
robertjones
1 year ago
In my opinion, the exam is entirely about the ability to comprhend business needs and priorities and map them onto the GCP product set.  A lot of the other cert exams test operational knowlege, but this test has almost none of that.  The closest that this exam came was a couple of troubleshooting questions that required some knowlege of how different systems interact.  The course covers these questions very well, but they are in the minority.  Tips for passing: Go through the courses, especially 2 & 3.  Go through the third course a second time if you can.  The exercises are fun, and get you in the spirit of how GCP is architected, but those skills weren't tested on the exam I got.  Pay attention where the courses point out something that may be on the exam.  Be familiar with the scenarios.  Understand what workflows they are focusing on and make sure you are aware of the business objectives, not just the technical ones.  Understand the differences between the data storage/database products, know what each is used for.  Be able to rank them by target dataset size, cost, and level of automation.  Understand the differences between BigTable, BigQuery, and Google DataStore.  Know what makes Cloud SQL and Cloud Spanner different.  Know what Pub/Sub connects to and the different ways you can leverage that, both inside and outside the Google cloud.  StackDriver is important to Google and they are proud of it.  The principal of Least Privilege is also very important.  Put aside your opinions and approach each question as an experienced Google employee that is fully committed to their philosopy and product set.  I found most of the questions to have two or more wrong answers, one correct answer, and one Google approved correct answer.  Guess which one gets you points.

Finally, go into the test prepared to not pass the first time.  It's a hard test, and it's unlike any of the other certifications out there.  It's tiring to take and you'll start to doubt yourself.  Review your answers, but don't keep grinding just because there's time left.  I eventually got to the point where I said that I'd done my best and it was time for it to be over.  I honestly didn't know how I did until it said Pass.
Image of craiga
craiga
1 year ago
Congrats!
Image of anthony
anthony
1 year ago

Congratulations Robert!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com