Skip to main content
nvashish123

2 years ago

Passed AWS Professional Architect Certification

I have passed the Professional exam yesterday with 84%.

Advise for those who are preparing :

This exam will not just test your knowledge of AWS. Its more focused towards practical implementation of different AWS services and how they fit together to solve a given business problem. So, do not rush for this exam if you do not have some experience working/building solutions with AWS. First, it will be very tough for you to pick the right answer if you have not used the AWS services enough to understand their suitable use cases. Second, you will not gain much even if you clear the exam without having the actual practical knowledge, as in order to be qualified to be a true 'professional' on AWS, you much have some hands on experience of real life implementation.

Having said that - for those who are preparing for the exam :

My preparation included -

Linux Academy course - More detailed course. Recommended to go though all the videos and labs.

ACloudGuru course - Course is good for overview, itself is not sufficient to pass the exam. Certainly recommended to go through Ryan's 'Exam Tips' for each section, before a day or two of the exam.

White Papers - Storage, Architecting best practices are must.

FAQs and Documentation - Core services such as EC2 (including cost models), EBS (PIOPS,RAID Configuration), AutoScaling, ELB, Route53, CloudFormation, S3, CloudFront, Kinesis. I got some questions on OpsWorks, ElasticBeansTalk as well.

I got a question on Docker layer with OpsWorks too.

Practice Exam was very tough. I also took WhizLabs practice exams for $25 or so. well worth, it gives you a lot of good questions to practice, which is really helpful.

All the best, Nitin.

Image of
2 years ago
Thanks for sharing your experience and suggestions and, most importantly, congratulations on your certification!
Image of craiga
craiga
2 years ago
Congrats Nitin!
Image of davidcoy
davidcoy
2 years ago
Congrats, Nitin!
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
2 years ago
Amazing work, Nitin! Thank you for the tips.
Image of braun0
braun0
2 years ago
Woohoo!  Congrats, Nitin!  Great job.
Image of amy
amy
2 years ago
Well done!
Image of trilliams
trilliams
2 years ago
Way to go, Nitin!
Image of seang
seang
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of skarim
skarim
2 years ago
Congratulations and thanks for taking the time to leave detailed feedback!
Image of anthony
anthony
2 years ago

Congratulations Nitin! Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

Image of removed
removed
2 years ago
Thanks for sharing!!!!  Great pointers and I definitely can use the advice as I am just starting to study for the exam.  I have experience, but all my learning has been on my own.  Never taken any classes.  It is good to hear that the Linux Academy seems to have been a good choice.  I also do qwiklabs which are great to show you  the exact steps for specific projects.
Image of rpurusho
rpurusho
2 years ago
Congrats Nitin and thanks for the great tips
Image of prashant0085
prashant0085
2 years ago
Congrats Nitin
Image of luckyshailesh
luckyshailesh
2 years ago
Congratulations Nitin and thanks for the Advise.