Skip to main content
tylerupton

2 years ago

Passed my LPI Essentials. Questions not what I expected.

I passed the LPI Essentials exam. While I think the material here at Linux Academy did a good job for introduction to Linux, I don't think the LPI Essentials and the Essentials course here are on the same wave length. While I love the material here, it didn't fully prepare me for the exam. The Essentials exam is kinda dumb.The questions on the exam were stupid and I don't think will apply much to real world scenarios. With that said, is it Linux Academy's fault for not fully preparing me for the exam, or did Linux Academy do a good job of teaching me all the basics and LPI  just do a bad job of testing.

Either way, I am grateful a resource like Linux Academy exists, and somewhat disappointed I wasn't fully prepped for something that is partially absurb.

Next up, RHCSA! WOOO

Image of tylerupton
tylerupton
2 years ago
Image of tylerupton
tylerupton
2 years ago
Image of
2 years ago
First and most importantly, congratulations on your certification.

Although we certainly do our best to prepare our students for any certification exam (and to be honest, this course has the highest overall success rate of students who take the course and then pass the exam), there are always updates that need to be made. 

Linux Essentials is our single most popular course, and as such, will be refreshed in the near future (which when we do, we start with the exact exam objectives). 

Thanks for letting us know about your experience and congratulations again on your success!
Image of dougvdotcom
dougvdotcom
2 years ago
Way to go, Tyler! 
Image of RachelCraft
RachelCraft
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of davidcoy
davidcoy
2 years ago
Congrats, Tyler!
Image of craiga
craiga
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of skarim
skarim
2 years ago
Congratulations and thank you for taking them time for providing us feedback!
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
2 years ago
Great job, Tyler! Thank you for the feedback.
Image of aschae
aschae
2 years ago
Congratulations, Tyler!  Thank you for your feedback.
Image of dawnoverstreet
dawnoverstreet
2 years ago
Way to go, Tyler!! Thanks for the feedback.
Image of braun0
braun0
2 years ago
Woohoo!  Great job, Tyler!
Image of amy
amy
2 years ago
Congrats and thanks for your feedback!
Image of trilliams
trilliams
2 years ago
Woohoo! Way to go, Tyler!
Image of hunterferrell
hunterferrell
2 years ago
Awesome Congratulations and best of luck to you on the RHCSA.
Image of prestd
prestd
2 years ago
Thanks, Tyler.  I've completed the course and am considering that exam.  Knowing that theexam includes questions about very basic Linux or hardware will remind me to not skip the basics in studying.   Even the course quizzes here tended, I thought, to focus a lot on abstract Linux questions versus day-to-day operations of a Linux environment - I guess that part of the training sounds like it matches the exam.
Image of shirleymartin
shirleymartin
2 years ago
Congratulations to you and thank you for the insight.  We are always looking for ways to improve our course content!
Image of
2 years ago
Just a quick note... the original post contained references to a few specific topics that were included in the actual exam. Every candidate, by taking the exam, agrees to an NDA that prohibits sharing specific exam material. We removed the exam content that may be seen in violation of that agreement, leaving the remainder of the original post's experience and thoughts intact.
Image of seang
seang
2 years ago
Congrats!