Skip to main content
Anthony

2 years ago

Changes are coming!

O happy day! O happy day! We've been busy at work, HARD at work. In fact, we have a few quick announcements that are going to be pretty awesome.

First, we've opened a new office in Kansas City Missouri, check out some pictures of our new office below! We actually have three offices which is where our content leadership will be building an amazing content team! We now have several locations now. New York City, Kansas City, and Dallas/FT Worth! These are actual in office locations we have staff working out of. We do not count all the work from home/remote staff that we have, or else we'd have offices in 22 different states!

Linux Academy community is getting a remake!

We are in the process now of working on migrations and integrating it with our new user service. I'll talk more about the user service in a moment, but, the good news is we will have a new community (forum based) launching in late October/Early November!

Cloud Assessments is coming to you!

Yes, I'm serious, we are integrating both Linux Academy and Cloud Assessments together. Your same great $29/month membership (less if you pay yearly) will now include UNLIMITED ACCESS to all things Cloud Assessments. In fact, we will be using our new Quiz platform (O MY GOSH YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE OUR NEW QUIZ SYSTEM) and our new lab platform integrated into the Linux Academy syllabus that will take you over to cloud assessments to consume the content and back again! We have some major lab upgrades and announcements coming over the next few months as well.

So many courses are coming to you

How does 35 hours a week of content sound? Our content team led by our Chief Content Officer Stephen Smith has committed to producing 35 hours A WEEEK in content for both Linux Academy and Cloud Assessments. You are going to be seeing Linux, DevOps, Cloud Native, Serverless, Big Data, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud all over the place! And even better news, they have committed to as of January producing over 50 hours a week of great content on the latest certifications in Cloud and Cloud Native technologies! There will be a lot of content refreshes and practice exam updates as well as we are taking our quality and presentation to the next level.

New single sign-on user service!

For those of you part of an enterprise, as we launch our new enterprise platform in November, you will also have the ability for single sign-on into your own on-premises authentication!

But the big news is, that if you have a paying Linux Academy account, your LA account will seamless work with Cloud Assessments as well! We hope to release that update sometime in late October.

Long story short, we are going to deliver on almost every request and promise we have made! It's in development and we are 8-12 weeks away from all these releases! So exciting to announce!

user_1_59c15fffdd28d.png_800.jpg

user_1_59c1600ad1521.png_800.jpg
user_1_59c160159f01e.png_800.jpg

Image of
2 years ago
WOW!!!
Image of lanew
lanew
2 years ago
This is awesome! Congratulations on the new KCMO office. I went to school at Rockhurst University and loved living in KC when I attended there.
Image of flexx75
flexx75
2 years ago
Good stuff.... Are there any plans to incoporate testing facilities at these loations?
Image of raulmartinezydiaz
raulmartinezydiaz
2 years ago

Congratulations to the whole team, you're doing a great job.

Image of mrahman
mrahman
2 years ago
you guys are the best.enjoting every minute of using linux academy.endless learning :)
Image of
2 years ago
Outfreakingstanding!
Image of
2 years ago
Open up an office in Baltimore, MD!!! =) Office space is cheap and it's close to DC and there are armies of technologist's here!
Image of prestd
prestd
2 years ago
Great news, all of it!  Looking forward to the changes.
Here's an idea - as you grow your offices, have you thought about adding any classroom training?  Not sure it would work for me but maybe for some - and maybe for me in some topics.
Image of benmckay
benmckay
2 years ago
Now that is a lot of good news! Pretty excited for the new content, how am I going to keep up?????
Image of
2 years ago
Awesome!
Image of krishragha
krishragha
2 years ago
Great news
Image of
2 years ago
Awesome. I happy to see LA and CA are getting better day after another.
Image of jayeshjawale
jayeshjawale
2 years ago
Awesome.
Image of
2 years ago
Exciting times at LA.  Thanks for the update Anthony.
Image of egraznov
egraznov
2 years ago
Wow. Awesome!! Great work and news!
Image of
2 years ago
Wow!!!! The view is amazinnnnnng!!! Anyways, thank you for all that you guys do, the students (me I guess) can only rest and enjoy the content, learn and practice, and get better. Thanks again for the upgrades, I hope this continues on and on.
Image of mridao
mridao
2 years ago
Great job LA!! Can'twait!
Image of
2 years ago
Can't wait...Great news...
Image of utalwalkar
utalwalkar
2 years ago
Awesome!
Image of gudguy1a
gudguy1a
2 years ago
That is excellent.  I hope it is 'great' and 'wonderful' for that staff at LinuxAcademy. Nothing is better for everyone, customers and staff, than a great workplace for the staff.  Keep at it and have fun doing it!!!
Image of
2 years ago
Wow - adding Cloud Assesments to LA account holders thats a bold step - thanks guys I think that is something worth celebrating...
Image of mrcsmonteiro
mrcsmonteiro
2 years ago
Very exciting news, I am addicted to Linux Academy, and the more I use it, the more I like it. I look forward to exploring the new resources, keep rockin' Anthony James, you are the man! Cheers.
Image of removed
removed
2 years ago
wow, you guys are really moving forward; congrats. Hope to see "the pinguin" on Re:Invent this year :-)
Image of
2 years ago
great job guys

Image of
2 years ago
great work. Keep up the great content coming.
Image of eugenechia1979
eugenechia1979
2 years ago
Love u guys! Keep them coming!
Image of
2 years ago
Awesome!. Congrats for the new office setup.
Image of rahulsajan903
rahulsajan903
2 years ago
awsome
Image of yuvaaws
yuvaaws
2 years ago
New Cources like, can we except O365, SharePoint and windows Administration ? New Office pics are very good,..!
Image of jackntp
jackntp
2 years ago
Awesome!!!
Image of shaferc1
shaferc1
2 years ago
This is totally awesome!  Way to go LA!
Image of emilvulkov
emilvulkov
2 years ago
That's why I love Linux Academy so much <3
Image of
2 years ago
Excellent, can't wait :-)
Image of saurabh220837
saurabh220837
2 years ago
wonderfull.. The best learning Platform.. A real value for money :)
Image of eugenechia1979
eugenechia1979
2 years ago
Super Troopers!
Image of constantlnx
constantlnx
2 years ago
OMG! Great! Looking forward to see new things! Now probably would be a very good time to consider FreeBSD courses :)! Uhu !
Love you guys!
Image of rolstonholas
rolstonholas
2 years ago
Well done you guys, the new digs look great.
Image of ivcocar
ivcocar
2 years ago
Awesome! Keep up the good work!
Image of brikla
brikla
2 years ago
Well done!
Image of MatSun
MatSun
2 years ago
LinuxAcademy always rocking.. keep doing the great...
Image of thepabloleon
thepabloleon
2 years ago
Amazing!!
Image of
2 years ago
I think I joined at the right time!
Image of gknow
gknow
2 years ago
OutStanding!
Image of
2 years ago
SWEET!!!!!
Image of kerford
kerford
2 years ago
OMG! Sounds awesome. The penguin is going to need a bigger hat to handle that huge brain it's going to have.
Image of fcermak
fcermak
2 years ago
Nice new office with a fantastic view!
Image of ravirhce
ravirhce
2 years ago
Great...We will be waiting for upcoming surprises........
Image of ca2017
ca2017
2 years ago
Image of ca2017
ca2017
2 years ago
New to Linux Academy and already a fan.
Image of kottees
kottees
2 years ago
Wow great news, Thank you!!!
Image of
2 years ago
Great job! I have had an account with Linux Academy for almost 3 years now and it has been great. Anthony and the rest of Linux Academy have done a top notch job keeping things to update in a IT world that changing every minute. I will be a member of Linux Academy until the day that I retire or leave technology field.
Image of mbeuses
mbeuses
2 years ago
Exciting news. Thanks for the learning opportunities you open for us.
Image of ccc
ccc
2 years ago
Quality>quanitity
Image of
2 years ago
fantastic!!! I love this site!
Image of indee
indee
2 years ago
wow that's an awesome news  learning every day step by step
Image of nitinwadhera
nitinwadhera
2 years ago
Wishing you all the very best on all of the upcoming courses :)
Image of girish400
girish400
2 years ago
I'm Excited!!
Image of pcajuste
pcajuste
2 years ago
Great Work guys!!!  Very exciting and keep them coming! Amazing office space!
Image of bobyrh
bobyrh
2 years ago
Great
Image of
2 years ago
Congratulations! I love the office layout (open concep). Keep the good job up!
Image of
2 years ago
That is fantastic!! cant wait! Thank you LA
Image of tesch
tesch
2 years ago
Thanks for all the new courses and content! I am loving the new Azure labs and look forward to integration of Cloud Assessments. Congrats on the incredible growth of your company!
Image of michaelto
michaelto
2 years ago
the office looks very nice!  keep up producing more training modules!!
Image of mooracle
mooracle
2 years ago
Great! can't wait for the cloud assessments and the quizes. Well especially the cloud assessments.
Image of klestes
klestes
2 years ago
Nice offices, but too much like a factory.  Throw in a pinball game or two, some plants and a couch!
Image of mbeuses
mbeuses
2 years ago
and a snack bar
Image of
2 years ago
Nice!
Image of klestes
klestes
2 years ago
just a thought - google glass for the window panes.  You could really screw with people via augmented/"enhanced" reality !

Image of avishekhtewari
avishekhtewari
2 years ago
Great!!!
Image of thor
thor
2 years ago
Wow!
Image of linbynd
linbynd
2 years ago
Awesome!!! And Congrats on all the success!!
Image of ryder
ryder
2 years ago
Nice, please put the teleportation room next to the kitchen so I can grab a drink after my speed of light commute from the UK
Image of eredwood007
eredwood007
2 years ago
I am totally exctied about the direction Linux Academy is going , I plan to be hanging out here for all my needs....
Image of eredwood007
eredwood007
2 years ago
Again I want to thank you guys, for all the hard work you put in to help us get to the next level....
Image of
2 years ago
Fantastic.  Great job everyone.  I  recommend LinuxAcademy to anyone looking to update their skills.
Image of proprboyz
proprboyz
2 years ago
You remind me of Jared Dunn from Silicon Valley
Image of ladamerah
ladamerah
2 years ago
Way to go !I already recommend linuxacademy to my friends
Image of shahzadcm
shahzadcm
2 years ago
Super Duper !
Image of
2 years ago
Excellent!.....I'm also recommending LA to my friends and colleagues at work :-)
Image of
2 years ago
Looking good

Image of
2 years ago
That's really great news!
Personally I find the best bit is the Cloud Assessment integration, followed very closely by the new courses.
Kudos!
Image of
2 years ago
what are the new courses you are planning to introduce. Is there any plans for splunk, hadoop eco systemtem ?

Image of zhicks
zhicks
2 years ago
Awe-some News!
Image of vanebs
vanebs
2 years ago

wow! congratulations, keep the hard work. It is much appreciated

Image of ionutk
ionutk
2 years ago
This is great! Congratulations on the new office and thanks for providing a service that allows  flexibility and adaptation.
Image of vetrivela
vetrivela
2 years ago
1) Great additions to the Linux Academy  wrt content and new office. Congrats !

2) W.r.t QUIZ :
 I would recommend to  provide the user to  selecting the type of Quiz by  himself .
Something  like  A)Simple ( fixed set of questions will be repeated each and every time - how many times one takes the same Quiz.                                         B)  Random questions will appear
 C)   Quiz ( which incorporates AI)  to test the expertise of the user - if the user answers excellent then more complex random question should appear.

3) New use cases can be given  ( for each majore  training course )for which the user has to design the solution / project plan to implement.

Image of jbeard
jbeard
2 years ago
Congratulations on the new office. Keep up the good work.
Image of removed
removed
2 years ago
Wow! This is awesome!!
Image of
2 years ago
Congrats on new office! Really happy for you guys.
Image of sik098765
sik098765
2 years ago
not so great if you want to study for AWS SysOps Associate with Cloud Assesments, they are still making the content and do not have an ETA for its release according to their support :(
Image of john999
john999
2 years ago
Very exciting announcements.
Image of
2 years ago

TThat's a great message. You are the best :)))

Image of
2 years ago
Awesome! Congrats on the new office!!
Image of
2 years ago
Congratulations on procuring new office.

Image of
2 years ago
Great Job... Keep up the good work. Great team at LA!!
Image of justadmin
justadmin
2 years ago
Wow, nice! I can' want for the Quiz System!
Image of jona6710
jona6710
2 years ago
Loving this!
Image of
2 years ago
Awesome!
Image of appu
appu
2 years ago
Awesome
Really amazing
Image of
2 years ago
Cool settings, I was wondering does any of the offices do tours for the students to see the office?
Image of
2 years ago
Awesome, can't wait!
Image of
2 years ago
Yes, anytime you want to stop by we will swag you up!

Image of
2 years ago
*you're 

;-)
Image of tylerupton
tylerupton
2 years ago
Yay for office tours. What's the address? Give notice to who before we show?
Image of
2 years ago
Open a support ticket and Sean can help get you scheduled in!
And yes, for sure schedule them. That way we can make sure we swag you up and there is time to chat and show you!

Image of
2 years ago
Quick update on this post everyone, we are 3-4 weeks out on our user service for CA and LA integration! We had a slight set back but we are back on track. Instead of late october we'll be looking at probably early November.

Image of
2 years ago
Same goes for our new community, which couldn't be migrated until our user service is completed.

Image of
2 years ago
Thanks for everything!! :) I'm impatient to see all the changes.
Image of
2 years ago
You and me both :)

Image of bendyson
bendyson
2 years ago
It'd be really helpfull and good to see some courses for JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and deploying applications.

Image of msummers0220
msummers0220
2 years ago
I am glad I joined when I did. Enjoying the education!!
Image of mhortis
mhortis
2 years ago
Good news guys! I'm excited to have joined just yesterday! :)
Image of stroparo
stroparo
2 years ago
Glad I enjoyed recently as well! Exciting times!
Image of
2 years ago
Good news guys, with the cloud assessments do we login with our same LinAca username and password?
Image of
2 years ago
@oyedirandy, You actually need to create an account with Cloud Assessments first, if you haven't done so yet and the LA team is working into implementing  a single sign on so we don't need to log in twice when switching back and forth. :)