DeepakMore

2 years ago

Difference between Pass and Fail was just one Question.

Dear Friends,
This is Deepak More, I've taken 100s of exams in Novell Netware, Microsoft, Dell, RedHat.  till date. But this exam which I took last friday was the most difficult and most exiciting at the same time. This is very very intelligently designed exam.  I took this exam from Japan (Tokyo).
I want to share few expericences.. and tips.

1) First of all there were only 55 Questions time is 80 Questions.
If you don't keep an eye on the time, it could be really uncomfortable situation.
2) I answered but reviewed all the questions, which I was not comfortable of. i.e. even if there was a simple doubt, I marked it for review.. There were 27 such questions.
3) After I finished the first pass, there was only 33 minutes left to review 27 questions.
4) Security and Design Implementation is the area I scored poorly.  though these were the areas I though I studied a lot and kind of knew in-and-out. It was not so...
5) I think I passed the exam only because by sheer strike of luck, I changed the answer in the last minute, and it wasnt even related to aws it was a networking question.

Studying for the exam and Writing the actual exams are two different skills. I know everything that is to know for this course. But Exams come with time-bound pressure, confusing similar choices.. at the surface you get a feeling that there something wrong with the question, because all the four choices are possible... these are the questions.. where you can play Sherlock Holmes, and try to eliminate two obviously wrong options.

The Videos and Syllabus in Linux Academy courses are sufficient to pass.. because I did and used only Linux Academy Course, Videos, Handson and Quizes.. but if you want to sail in the comfortable waters then you need to master the suggested, FAQs , Whitepapers. I did read FAQ and Whitepapers but not as deligently as I should have or expected in this exam.

Lastly, devil is in the details.. we need to really understand the detail minor differences between 2 same services... i.e. for e.g. what is really a difference between SQS and SWF, or REDSHIFT and RDS or RDS and Dynamo or SG and or NACL etc... Backup related RTO,RPO or why gateway stored and not gateway cached etc.. when you study these topics try to co-related these concepts with the traditional infrastructure and understand how it will change and make difference.. these are the small things that matter a lot in the exams. Our silly mistakes in these kind of simple small details are unforgiven and could result in the difference between pass/fail.

Best luck for your exam. If you have any questions you can reach me at deepak.more@gmail.com

Regards
Deepak

Image of
2 years ago
First - congratulations on your certification. Whether it was by one question or a dozen, you succeeded!

Second, thank you very much for sharing your experience and your advice. Reading the Whitepapers and other indicated material will absolutely go a long way to making sure that you will be successful.

Congratulations again!
Image of dougvdotcom
dougvdotcom
2 years ago
Way to go, Deepak!
Image of RachelCraft
RachelCraft
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of thor
thor
2 years ago
Congrats, and thanks for the detailed feedback! 
Image of JonMyer
JonMyer
2 years ago
Awesome Job and thanks for the feedback!
Image of joverstreet
joverstreet
2 years ago
First of all, Congrats!!! Second, thank you for the valuable feedback. It will no doubt help others.
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
2 years ago
Congratulations, Deepak!
Image of davidcoy
davidcoy
2 years ago
Congrats, Deepak!
Image of braun0
braun0
2 years ago
Woohoo!  Congrats, Deepak.  Thanks for the great write-up about your experience.  
Image of brandon423
brandon423
2 years ago
Congrats, and thanks for the feedback!
Image of amy
amy
2 years ago
Congrats and nice writeup
Image of trilliams
trilliams
2 years ago
This is incredible feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share with us, Deepak!
Image of chadrm
chadrm
2 years ago
Congratulations on the pass, Deepak, and thanks for the heads up!
Image of tthomsen
tthomsen
2 years ago

Great job Deepak!

Image of mshaw
mshaw
2 years ago
Congrats on getting the pass Deepak!
Image of hunterferrell
hunterferrell
2 years ago
Great job! Congratulations! 
Image of deepakmore
deepakmore
2 years ago
Thanks for your wishes Ladies and Gentlemen. Appreciate it.
Image of anthony
anthony
2 years ago

Congrats! Thank you for taking time to share your experience and insights!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

Image of seang
seang
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of shirleymartin
shirleymartin
2 years ago
Congratulations and thank you for taking the time to share with your fellow students.