varc

2 years ago

Passed LFCE

The LinuxAcademy and the LinuxFoundation courses were very helpful in my preparation. Would like to specially thank LinuxAcademy for their cloud servers which saved me a lot of time rather than having to keep creating VM's on my system, I could quickly deploy LinuxAcademy servers for practice. Also would like to thank LinuxAcademy and Course Instructor, Terrence Cox for excellent course content and delivery, did the LFCE course and the Ansible, Docker quickstart courses and they were great.

Advice for those giving the exam; read the preparation guide and syllabus carefully and practice and document tasks, use your documentation to repeat and further streamline tasks, document and repeat. Also system documentation is very helpful if you need reference for configuration and parameters, so be familiar with system documentation before you give the exam. If you have a multiple attempt exam, give at least a months time between the first and second attempt to revise and practice.

Image of skarim
skarim
2 years ago
 @varc  Great to hear you were able to utilize the platform to assist in your goal! Congratulations!
Image of dougvdotcom
dougvdotcom
2 years ago
That's awesome, Varun! Thanks so much for the kind words and also for the exam advice.
Image of seang
seang
2 years ago
Congrats! Great review and feedback, thanks!
Image of RachelCraft
RachelCraft
2 years ago
Congrats!
Image of davidcoy
davidcoy
2 years ago
Congrats, Varun!
Image of kevinjames
kevinjames
2 years ago
Well done.
Image of christophelimpalair
christophelimpalair
2 years ago
Thanks for sharing your tips, I'm sure it will be very helpful to other students! Congratulations on passing!
Image of marshmelly
marshmelly
2 years ago
Congratulations, Varun! Great work! 
Image of Cgraeff
Cgraeff
2 years ago
Great job! Thanks!
Image of derekm1215
derekm1215
2 years ago
Awesome!
Image of braun0
braun0
2 years ago
Woohoo!  Congrats, Varun!  Thanks for the good feedback. 
Image of trilliams
trilliams
2 years ago
Way to go, Varun!
Image of amy
amy
2 years ago
Nice job!
Image of varc
varc
2 years ago
Thanks everyone, starting to work on my AWS Associate certs, thanks for the AWS Essentials and Associates courses.
Image of getraud
getraud
2 years ago
Yes!! Congrats Varun and thank you for the info, I will try to remember. Good luck for the rest :)
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
2 years ago
Awesome work, Varun!
Image of tthomsen
tthomsen
2 years ago

Great job Varun!

Image of stephen
stephen
2 years ago
Awesome Job  @varc !
Image of brandon423
brandon423
2 years ago
Congrats, Varun!!
Image of hunterferrell
hunterferrell
2 years ago
Congratulations! 
Image of donna1596
donna1596
2 years ago
Nice job, Varun!  Glad you are liking the site!   
Image of
2 years ago
Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you found my course material helpful!
Image of Colette
Colette
2 years ago
Congrats!! Thanks for the feedback!
Image of durjoy
durjoy
2 years ago
congrats
Image of durjoy
durjoy
2 years ago

Hi, one question, during the exam are you allowed to install third party packages such as. httpd-manual which is the very helpful guide for SSL self-signed certification configuration.

Image of
2 years ago
You can install any third party tools or utilities that are available in the STANDARD repositories of the distribution you choose to test on.
Image of durjoy
durjoy
2 years ago

Thank you, Terry.
How do I find out if the -  crypto-utils  and  httpd-manual  are available on the STANDARD repo?  

The $yum whatprovides  - command return the results with Repo : base , is it mean the STANDARD REPO?

Thank you

Image of varc
varc
2 years ago

Yes the base repo is the standard repo, also everything you need is available in the man pages and config files

Image of shirleymartin
shirleymartin
2 years ago
Congratulations!
Image of durjoy
durjoy
2 years ago
Thank you Varun.
Image of durjoy
durjoy
2 years ago
Hi Varun, Would you mind to chat about the exam, I would need some advice from you.  I am planning to sit for LFCE exam on Thursday.  let me know if you are happy to chat. Thank you
Image of varc
varc
2 years ago
Please post any questions you have to the forum, I would be more than happy to reply, posting to the forum also helps other students and the community.
Image of gavinguo
gavinguo
2 years ago

Hello Varun,

Can you share how to make a plan to prepare for the lfce exam and how many time you needed to prepare the exam? I just registered the course on 7/14 and currently, I'm trying to plan the reasonable schedule of studying the material and finally book the time of the exam.

Image of durjoy
durjoy
2 years ago
Hi Varun, Did you use any other course and learning materials than LA LFCE course?