jbazz_ctl

3 years ago

Just offered a job as a Cloud Solutions Architect

So I've spent about 12 years in the tech sector, a good amount of that with private cloud and traditional hosting solutions.  I realized in 5 years if I'm still talking about CPU socket configurations and server hardware options then I'll be a dinosaur in this industry.

A few months ago I discovered Linuxacademy when I was contemplating how to learn more about public cloud with the goal of transitioning to a job where I could work with AWS daily.  So I started studying for the AWS-CSA with Linuxacademy.  This site is just an incredible value between the depth of content and the easy to access labs.  I've got the CSA and the DA now.  SysOps soon to come.

Yesterday I was offered a FANTASTIC job as a Pre-Sales SA with a new company.   This would NOT have happened so quickly without Linuxacademy.  I was given whiteboarding activities to complete live and off the cuff and because of the material covered here I could walk them up-and-down, backwards and blindfolded, on a number of dynamic, highly available mult-tiered solutions. 

Now, I'm not saying that simply coming to LinuxAcademy and working through the material will guarantee you a Solutions Architect position with no other experience, but this site is definitely more than enough to help you demonstrate to other professionals that you know what you're talking about.  

Linuxacadmy members - the cloud talent pool is very shallow right now.  There is so much opportunity for people who understand the fundamentals of public cloud and can articulate it clearly and in a meaningful manner.  Keep pushing through the material, read everything, grab a friend or spouse and teach them something you learned as if they're an 8 year old.  If you hear an industry term you don't know, look it up.  Chase it down a rabbit hole and add it to your arsenal.

Thanks again, Linuxacademy.  I'll keep sending colleagues your way.

TLDR; Linuxacademy rocks and helped me get a job as a Solutions Architect.

Image of skarim
skarim
3 years ago
AWESOME NEWS! Congratulations  @jbazzell !
Image of dougvdotcom
dougvdotcom
3 years ago
That's great, Joseph! I'm pretty sure you brought a lot of skills and personality to the table in addition to your Linux Academy experience, but it's great we were able to help!
Image of mgill
mgill
3 years ago
Joseph, this is GREAT to hear. Truly a very good story. Thank you for the kind words! I hope you're very happy at your new position!
Image of opher
opher
3 years ago
Wowee! Congrats, Joseph!
Image of johnbryanzero
johnbryanzero
3 years ago
That is awesome, congratulations!!
Image of braun0
braun0
3 years ago
Woohoo!  It is truely awesome to hear stories like your's.  It is what keeps us motivated to produce the content that we do.  Congrarts on the new job!
Image of seang
seang
3 years ago
Setting this as an achievement because it most definitely is one! 

Congrats and great advice for the other students!
Image of stephen
stephen
3 years ago
Wow that is awesome congrats on the new job!
Image of dpham1201
dpham1201
3 years ago
Great job!! Thanks for the post! 
Image of
3 years ago
Thanks for the kind words and congratulations on your new position!
Image of linuxjames
linuxjames
3 years ago
Congratulations!
Image of Danny
Danny
3 years ago
Great story!  Congrats!
Image of hunterferrell
hunterferrell
3 years ago
Awesome Story, Congrats! 
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
3 years ago
Amazing, Joseph! Congratulations.
Image of jjacobs
jjacobs
3 years ago
That's AWESOME news Joseph!!  Congrats!
Image of glscott
glscott
3 years ago
Wow, that is fantastic! Congratulations!
Image of manisha
manisha
3 years ago
Wow, very well said! Loved your advice and congrats on the awesome position!
Image of Colette
Colette
3 years ago
Congrats!!
Image of shirleymartin
shirleymartin
3 years ago
Congratulatons and so nice to hear that you appreciated the course.  Good luck on your new position!
Image of nigelburke
nigelburke
3 years ago
Nice work! Im in a similar situation with 20 years of IT experience. I am working my way through all this training and getting certified with anything cloud related. I created a new role for myself - pre sales angineer and solutions delivery manager. I now take on any complex sales opportunities from start to finish.
Image of dawnoverstreet
dawnoverstreet
3 years ago
Congratulations on your new position, Joseph! Well-deserved.
Image of marshmelly
marshmelly
3 years ago
Congratulations, Joseph, that's amazing! All the best at your new position!
Image of johnjelinek
johnjelinek
3 years ago
 @jbazz_ctl: Thanks for the kind accolades! You made it happen though! Congrats!
Image of jzfusion
jzfusion
3 years ago
That's really cool dude!  Thanks for the encouragement
Image of zerodeth
zerodeth
3 years ago
Congrats! Happy New Year!
Image of joah85
joah85
3 years ago
congratulations! Good luck with your new position!