sisimors

3 years ago

Big Data Certification

I just passed my Linux Essentials last week (thank you to Linux Academy!) and I am already planning to take another certification early next year which is Big Data.

I've been reading few articles about what cert to take. The most interesting for me is the CCA Hadoop and Spark developer certification.  Any idea what is best cert to take? especially for a beginner in the field of Big Data :)

Regards,
Selwyn

Image of dougvdotcom
dougvdotcom
3 years ago
Nice, Selwyn! I'll leave it to my more experienced peers to suggest the next steps, but definitely take them.
Image of skarim
skarim
3 years ago
Congratulations!
Image of culhwch
culhwch
3 years ago
Congrats!
Image of tcox
tcox
3 years ago
Way to go!
Image of manisha
manisha
3 years ago

Congratulations on passing Linux Essentials. To transition into Big Data certification you have multiple options depending on your interests. If you are skilled with Linux administration, a Hadoop administration certification offered by Hortonworks(HDPCA) is your best choice which includes building and managing Hadoop clusters. If you also have development experience with languages like Java, Python, SQL etc a Hortonworks developer certification (HDPCD), Cloudera CCP Data Engineer or CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer is  suitable for you.

Good luck in your journey!

Image of seang
seang
3 years ago
Congratulations! 
Image of ellejaclyn
ellejaclyn
3 years ago
Congratulations on the pass, Selwyn!
Image of hunterferrell
hunterferrell
3 years ago