Passed RHCE!

Passed RHCE finally. I have been preparing for a long time to get this done. RHCE videos are great, specially the debugging tips.
  • post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    08-24-2016

Congratulations - I am glad you found the course content useful!

• post-author-pic
    Danny
    08-24-2016

Cheers!

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    08-24-2016

Congratulations, Zul!

• post-author-pic
    Stephen S
    08-24-2016

Congrats Zul!

• post-author-pic
    Richard L
    08-24-2016

Great accomplishment Zul!

• post-author-pic
    Christophe L
    08-24-2016

Amazing! Great job!

• post-author-pic
    David L
    08-24-2016

Congrats Zul! How did you prepare exactly? I'm taking mine in a week.

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    08-24-2016

Woohoo! Congrats, Zul!

• post-author-pic
    08-24-2016

Awesome - congrats Zul!

• post-author-pic
    Zul I
    08-24-2016

Thanks all.
    Terry! you are an amazing instructor and the content you have created is very relevant. Apache debugging was invaluable during exam. I believe NTP has been moved to RHCSA and they have introduced some mid level scripting now. Also, NFS/SAMBA videos do not explain required directory permissions in great detail. It was not difficult for me but I believe there are a lot of caveats for a person only relying on this set of NFS/SAMBA content.

• post-author-pic
    Zul I
    08-24-2016

Hi David, I had simulated all the labs on three virtual machines(mgmt,server,client) on my laptop. Linux Academy's lab servers are great as well. I used mgmt machine as a kdc/smtp relay/dns server and carried out work on the other two(sever,client).
    The idea is to simulate all the labs and work on the edge cases. NFS videos are a bit outdated, you should know how to configure NFS v4.2 server now.

• post-author-pic
    Zul I
    08-24-2016

Another tip for you David, the exam conditions were not great. A poor quality kiosk, really old keyboard made it hard to type and uncomfortable desk position.
    You have a desktop environment hosting two virtual machines and you have to perform your work on those virtual machines. Even though you can access virtual machines' consoles, my recommendation is to keep it to a minimum. I only used consoles to enable ssh access for root user and then setup ssh keys and used terminal to ssh into virtual machines from desktop.
    The exam instructions are also in desktop machine, it makes it really easy to copy paste configuration, URLs and commands.
    You can add me on LinkedIn if you need any other information. 'zul k irshad'

• post-author-pic
    Michael B
    08-25-2016

Nice!

• post-author-pic
    Hunter F
    08-25-2016

Congratulations!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More