Passed SysOps Admin today! On to the pro exams!

Knocked out the SysOps Admin Associate today! Cert #4173. Finally gotten pass all 3 Associate level exams. On to Architect Pro and DevOps Pro. Thanks @LinuxAcademy for putting together such good content.
  • post-author-pic
    Sean G
    08-19-2016

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    08-19-2016

Awesome job, Rob!

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    08-19-2016

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Glenn L
    08-19-2016

Well done Rob!

• post-author-pic
    08-19-2016

Fantastic Rob - congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Danny S
    08-19-2016

Way to go! Upward and onward!

• post-author-pic
    Sami A
    08-19-2016

Good on you Rob

• post-author-pic
    Raj Barath T
    08-19-2016

Wow. Congrats !

• post-author-pic
    Rafael P
    08-19-2016

Congrats, I hope you learned a lot and get to put these skills to good use soon! All the Best :)

• post-author-pic
    Raj Kiran Reddy M
    08-20-2016

Congrats !

• post-author-pic
    Christophe L
    08-20-2016

Congratulations Rob!

• post-author-pic
    Oded S
    08-20-2016

Wow, well done :)

• post-author-pic
    Jamie F
    08-20-2016

Good work, congratulations :) I passed my SysOps though now doing Associate Solution architect course

• post-author-pic
    Matija V
    08-20-2016

Congratulations.

• post-author-pic
    Kunah4 S
    08-20-2016

congrats! happy for you

• post-author-pic
    Andrew B
    08-20-2016

Congratulations! Nice job.

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    08-20-2016

Woohoo! Congrats, Rob! Great job on hitting the AWS Trifecta!!!

• post-author-pic
    Frank L
    08-20-2016

Sweet! I plan on going the AWS route after I have a bit more Linux experience under my belt. Good job man!

• post-author-pic
    Rob D
    08-21-2016

Frank, I'm going back and finishing the Linux Essentials course before I do the pro courses and exams. My background is Windows pretty much exclusively. The more I dive into AWS and all of the automation options, I'm realizing that I need to get at least efficient in Linux, if not good, in order to be a legitimate cloud computing expert. If I knew Linux, the AWS course work and labs would have gone smoother and faster for me. I ended up spending extra time doing the simple things in Linux because I wasn't familiar with it.

Thanks everyone for the congrats!
    Cheers!

• post-author-pic
    Romeo P
    08-21-2016

Well done, congrats!!!

• post-author-pic
    Saman T
    08-22-2016

congrats Rob! do you have any tips or advice to get a higher mark in SysOps?

• post-author-pic
    Rob D
    08-22-2016

Saman, I have found that taking and finishing the courses will get you very well prepared. QwikLabs has additional labs that are worth the time to do to gain more experience if you don't work with CloudFormation, ElasticBeanstalk, OpsWorks or any other tool in AWS on a regular basis. Also, reviewing the white-papers and FAQs has been a tremendous help. I purchase and take the AWS practice exams and screen shot each question with my answer. Since they don't tell you which questions you got right or wrong, I go back and verify my answer on each question by using the lessons on L.A., the user guides and FAQs. It forces you to understand what they are looking for and learn more. Also, the practice exams on L.A. are really good. Take and retake those as many times as you have time for. It's good practice for test taking and they let you know what questions you got wrong and why. If you are passing the L.A. practice exams and the AWS practice exams you are ready.

• post-author-pic
    Zainuddin H
    08-22-2016

Congrats Rob!! and thanks for tips.

• post-author-pic
    Aditya B
    08-22-2016

Great congrats

• post-author-pic
    James M
    08-22-2016

Well done!!

• post-author-pic
    Gareth H
    08-23-2016

Hi Rob,

When you say AWS practice exams, you mean these ones correct?
    https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2014/07/07/aws-certification-practice-exams-now-available/

• post-author-pic
    Donnovan W
    08-23-2016

GREAT JOB!!! .. way to go.

• post-author-pic
    Rob D
    08-23-2016

Gareth you can find the information for the practice exams towards the bottom of this page.
    https://aws.amazon.com/certification/certification-prep/

• post-author-pic
    Rolston H
    08-24-2016

Good job :)

• post-author-pic
    Chidi O
    08-25-2016

Wow! Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    John B
    08-25-2016

Congrats Rob!!

• post-author-pic
    Saman T
    08-26-2016

Thank you Rob and congrats again, hope you ace the DevOps Prof. very soon.
    Best Regards,

• post-author-pic
    Murat B
    08-27-2016

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Sekar S
    09-09-2016

Congrats Rob! And good luck with the Pro certs!

Cheers,
    Sekar

• post-author-pic
    David S
    09-09-2016

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Jagadeesh V
    09-09-2016

Rob,
    Can i ask
    1. How much time you have taken approximately from prep to complete the three exams
    2. What is the order of exams taken and time intervals
    3. Any tips on prep and your learning experience will be vital info.

Thanks

• post-author-pic
    Rob D
    09-09-2016

Jagadeesh,
    1) I usually dedicate an average of 20 hours per week the 3 or 4 weeks before the exam. I do at least 12 hours of study on the weekends, which includes 6 – 9 on Saturday and Sunday. Then I will stay late at the office and do 3 hours before I leave work a few times during the week. This has worked for me. Sometimes is more than 20 sometimes it's less depending on what life decides to throw at me.
    2) Regarding the order, I took the SAA April 26th and passed after 30 days of study. Then the SysOps on May 30th and failed by 2 or 3 questions (65%). Took a month of to deal with some work/family things in June. Picked back up the studying early July. Took Developer exam Aug 5 and passed, then retook SysOps Aug 19th and passed.
    3) As far as preparation, I follow the advice of the instructors, I read a lot of blogs about AWS certifications and I’ve worked on infrastructure projects for clients that are completely hosted in AWS. If you finish the LA courses (including the practice exams), treat the white papers and FAQs like religious text (lol but seriously), and take the AWS practice exams, you’ll be very prepared. Up above I give a little bit more detail in my preparation. But I will say this, be confident in your answers on the real exams. If you are, you’ll finish with enough time to review your answers but don’t second guess yourself unnecessarily. I made that mistake the first time I took the SysOps exam and failed it.
    Good Luck!!!

• post-author-pic
    Jagadeesh V
    09-09-2016

Thanks Rob- Appreciate your dedication and inputs

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More