Accepted a position as a Junior Operations Engineer

I`d like to thank everyone at Linux Academy for amazing work. You have changed my life.

Until a week ago, I was working as L1 support (mixed envinronment with win,networking,linux). With no prior real experience in DevOps, NOR some good experience with Linux, using primarily your courses (I`ve used some books and youtube on the side), I have landed a job in DevOps, as Junior Operations Engineer. Actually I was offered 2 jobs, in 2 companies, one I already mentioned, and the other as Linux DevOps.
The job I accepted is amazing, and is gazzilion times better than what I was doing until recently in every way possible.
I openly told about my lack of hands-on experience, but the amount of knowledge I showed, simply by doing your courses was enough for them to offer me a job. I had 4 interviewers (system engineer, programmer, devops engineer, and network technician), doing 45min tehnical interview via skype, and later that week 2h 45min live interview, with even crazier questions :)

I finished RHCSA in April thanks to your courses, and that gave me a solid Linux base. I did Chef, Docker, Vagrant and Ansible for some labs and understanding. I did some AWS to show understanding of Cloud Computing. I did other courses here as well, but those were the ones that gave me what I needed to leave a good impression.

I`m looking forward to the other courses you guys are working on, and I am so happy I heard about you when I did :)

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    06-23-2016

Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    06-23-2016

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    06-23-2016

That's amazing, Milos! Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    David S
    06-23-2016

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    David L
    06-23-2016

Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Milos D
    06-23-2016

Thanks everyone!

• post-author-pic
    Todd H
    06-24-2016

Totally awesome! I am very happy for you and hope you enjoy your job and make a killing!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More