Hello Gurus and Learner,
I have also completed my journey for AWS Big Data Specialty Certification. I’m from SAP BI background and never worked in open platform (Big Data) space. Thanks to the Team for putting up so nice and structured curriculum that stands up with a perfect balance as per AWS exam guidelines.
• Every topic is important, starting from Collection, Storage, Processing, Analysis, Visualization and Data Security. Again, you don’t need to think where is what, just simply follow the course structure and you will be there eventually.
• Review the course material (videos) at least 2-3 times. This allows revision and longer retention for important concepts. Sometime it’s hard to remember (for new comers like me) the concepts in bulk at the same time. So, make some good (crispy) notes to revise the lengthy chapter quickly. Moreover, it will be helpful to revise them during prior days of exam.
• The final Quiz: Practice Exam is very nice and well structured. This gives you the opportunity to simulate the exam. Please keep attempting it until you pass it.
• Questions in the exam are very lengthy and descriptive. Please follow the ‘Rule of Elimination’ from given set of choices and focus on relevant choices. This definitely increases the chance of clearing the exam.
• The exam had vary nice and creative questions based on scenarios/contexts. These white papers, reference documents and blogs help to gain insight of AWS services, what is the best way to package/bundle them to solve a given scenario or design for a data processing situation. Listen to AWS Big Data reinvent 2016 & 2017 on YouTube. This will give you a broader picture of AWS Big Data Ecosystem.
• All the Best to the upcoming exam taker!!