Just passed AWS CCP Exam. Need Recommendations for Next Steps

Hey all, I just passed the AWS CCP exam. I'm new to the industry and was hoping for some guidance on what to dive into learning next. My current role is a support engineer where I find myself needing to understand more about web transactions, website performance and overall infrastructure. Any recommendations through LA or other parties?

Thanks in advance for the guidance!
  • post-author-pic
    Nicholas H
    05-11-2018

So glad to hear about your pass! I would recommend moving on to the Certified Solutions Architect Associate. This will give you a good overview of the core services in AWS, but in greater depth than the CCP course.  We have a great course on it right here on Linux Academy!

I am not sure about your technical background, but a good understanding of Linux command line is an invaluable skill when troubleshooting web applications. If you need to brush up on that, I would recommend our LPIC-1 course.

• post-author-pic
    Wayde G
    05-11-2018

Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Tony C
    05-11-2018

Excellent work!

• post-author-pic
    Richard S
    05-11-2018

Amazing!!! Well done!

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    05-11-2018

Yahooo!

• post-author-pic
    Kim H
    05-11-2018

Congratulations on passing!

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    05-11-2018

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Will B
    05-11-2018

Great work!!

• post-author-pic
    Mark R
    05-11-2018

Congrats and well done!

• post-author-pic
    Steven G
    05-11-2018

Way to go! 

• post-author-pic
    Roberto V
    05-11-2018

Congratulations on passing the CCP! I also agree with Nicholas' remarks that the CSA Associate exam may be the next exam to tackle. Best of luck!

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    05-11-2018

Awesome work! Congrats.

• post-author-pic
    Eric F
    05-11-2018

Congrats nice job!

• post-author-pic
    Phil Z
    05-11-2018

Congrats! As far as next steps, I think it depends on what kinds of technologies you use in your current role. If you primarily deal with AWS systems, the Certified Solutions Architect course makes a lot of sense. If you want to go a bit more into the Linux side of things, I'd recommend our LPIC-1 course. Either one of those is a good next step, it really depends on whether you want to approach it from a platform level (CSA) or an operating system level (LPIC). Congrats again, and let us know if we can help!

• post-author-pic
    Olivia W
    05-11-2018

Great job on passing your exam, and welcome to the industry! We're so happy you decided to learn with us!

• post-author-pic
    Keith T
    05-11-2018

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    05-11-2018

Woohoo!  Congrats, 

• post-author-pic
    Fernando M
    05-11-2018

Awesome job! Congrats on passing! I'd say all the recommendations here are spot on! The only thing I'd say is try to think about what you want to be doing and enjoy doing and use that to help guide what you learn, what you study to get certified on etc.. Good luck and congrats again!

• post-author-pic
    Patrick S
    05-11-2018

Congrats!!

• post-author-pic
    Chaz W
    05-11-2018

Great work! The world is your oyster!

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    05-12-2018

Way to go!

• post-author-pic
    David C
    05-12-2018

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    tbrown-f68ccd20
    05-13-2018

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and recommendations on next steps. Cheers!

• post-author-pic
    Myles Y
    05-14-2018

Well done!

• post-author-pic
    Travis T
    05-14-2018

Outstanding!

• post-author-pic
    Felix B
    05-14-2018

Congratulation, well done.

• post-author-pic
    Treva W
    05-15-2018

Woo! Way to go!

• post-author-pic
    Trey H
    05-15-2018

Way to knock it out of the park!

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    05-16-2018

Congratulations!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More