July Release Confetti
150+ New Hands-on Training in Aws, Linux, Azure
Red Hat, Devops, and More
Learn More

Passed AWS CSA Assoc

I made it! After being certain I flunked it (because the question were so different from the course material/practise exams), I actually ended up with an 85%.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the course videos. Even less the practise exams - it's not that surprising they aren't an exact replica of the real exam. They did help by sheer repetition (I lost count how many I did For Practise and can't be bothered to look up how many I did For Real), but I believe what really got me over the line were flashcard decks. Over and over. And the advice to read the whitepapers.

Interestingly enough I got a mere 40% in one area, balanced by a 97% and 100% in two others. That was enough, together with the fourth area, to secure the decent overall score, likely due to the higher weighting of the ones I did well on.

So, my summary for others:

- do the practise exams until you want to scream, not just the 3 required times. Do them until you consistently score >90% every time, no exceptions, no outliers.
- flashcards, flashcards, flashcards.
- for heaven's sake, read those AWS whitepapers. All Of Them! There are nuggets in there that will promptly pop up in the exam. Out of the way details that can't and aren't being covered in the course. They *will* pop up like an inverted rake you left on the lawn and which you will promptly step on.
  • post-author-pic
    David C
    05-04-2018

Congrats, Michael and your feedback is great!

• post-author-pic
    Craig A
    05-04-2018

Great job, Michael. And great feedback!

• post-author-pic
    Kenneth A
    05-04-2018

Good job, Michael!

• post-author-pic
    Trey H
    05-04-2018

Great work, Michael! Thanks for the feedback.

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    05-04-2018

Congratulations, Michael!

• post-author-pic
    Andru E
    05-04-2018

Great job, and great advice! Congrats on your pass!

• post-author-pic
    Keith T
    05-04-2018

Congratulations Michael! Thanks for the advice.

• post-author-pic
    Scott T
    05-04-2018

Heh, I'm digging your metaphors, Michael. :-) Thanks for passing on  the tips, and congrats on passing!

• post-author-pic
    Wayde G
    05-04-2018

Great job! Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Winnie G
    05-04-2018

Hard work pays off - congrats on the achievement, Michael! And thank you for the tips for future test-takers! 

• post-author-pic
    Chad M
    05-04-2018

High five!

• post-author-pic
    Joseph L
    05-04-2018

Great advice, Michael! Congratulations for pulling it all together :)

• post-author-pic
    Kim H
    05-04-2018

AWSome job and cngratulations Michael! Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience!

• post-author-pic
    Trent H
    05-04-2018

Nice work, Michael! Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    05-04-2018

What a rockstar ! Did you take the updated version maybe? Our course is still set for the prior version which is available until August. We're working on updates to match the new objectives.

• post-author-pic
    Roberto V
    05-04-2018

Congratulations, Michael! Love the rake analogy that you used there at the end. Good luck on your next journey!

• post-author-pic
    Will B
    05-04-2018

Great work, Michael!

• post-author-pic
    Fernando M
    05-04-2018

Awesome work Michael! Congrats on passing - sounds like your hard work paid off! 

• post-author-pic
    Travis T
    05-04-2018

Your hard work paid off Michael! What’s next for you?

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    05-04-2018

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Matthew P
    05-04-2018

What a great feeling! Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Karen L
    05-04-2018

Great job, Michael!

• post-author-pic
    Patrick S
    05-04-2018

Congrats!!

• post-author-pic
    James H
    05-04-2018

Congrats Michael! So glad to be a part of your journey! " They *will* pop up like an inverted rake you left on the lawn and which you will promptly step on." Has me giggling.

• post-author-pic
    Davis E
    05-04-2018

Congrats! It always feels good to see a good result after thinking you did poorly. Is this your first certification? That's some awesome advice, too. 

• post-author-pic
    Tony C
    05-04-2018

Great job!

• post-author-pic
    Angie B
    05-04-2018

Nice work! Congratulations on such great success!

• post-author-pic
    Treva W
    05-04-2018

Congratulations, Michael!

• post-author-pic
    Shawna R
    05-05-2018

Congratulations Michael...and thank you for sharing the details of your "learning" and "testing" experiences...great advice!

• post-author-pic
    Predrag D
    05-05-2018

CONGRATULATIONS

• post-author-pic
    Kayur S
    05-05-2018

Congrats Michael!  did you take the new version (2018) or the old version of the SA test?

• post-author-pic
    Michael H
    05-05-2018

@shahkayur I played it safe and chose the old version as it matched the current LA course.

It seems there may be a similar transition for the Developer Associate, so it will be interesting how quickly LA adjust their course.

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    05-06-2018

Woohoo!  Congrats, Michael!

• post-author-pic
    Anthony S
    05-07-2018

AWSome, Michael!  You did it!

• post-author-pic
    Shirley M
    05-08-2018

Great score!  Congrats to you and thanks for the helpful advice to students.

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    05-16-2018

Congratulations Micheal!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More