July Release Confetti
150+ New Hands-on Training in Aws, Linux, Azure
Red Hat, Devops, and More
Learn More

Passed Ansible Automation: RH 407 exam today!

I finally passed the Ansible Exam today after failing 2 weeks ago. I knew why I failed and it was largely due to my fault and the last failure made me appreciate passing now...like the saying goes after forest fire....cometh new life!

I over analyze the questions and made simple mistakes and my solutions were largely not graded the last time. I was focusing too much on getting my Red Hat Certified Architect which i finally got today. I was trying to be so elegant and almost lost focus on why we do this exam in the first place.

I won't blame it on the Red Hat VMs and technical issues that occured,  I could have done a better job as well.The exact same technical glitch happened again today and  I said to myself: NOT AGAIN, NOT TODAY and NOT ON MY WATCH! I  calmed myself down and patiently resolved all issues.

I took passing all previous 4 exams back to back for granted. Again, i do this exams because I love Linux and learning new skillset  period! Money has never been the sole denominator for me; but this is best investment ever that I have ever made in my career ( hmmm.. well and my late 2011 Model Macbook Pro, Core i7, 16GB and SSD....lol..hahahahaha)... I won't say life cos I never knew that I could love my 13 months old daughter so much that I tend to sing "pussy pussy cat where have been" unconsciously at work when stressed! ..lol.. watching Dave and Eva while trying to study at the same time...oh gosh I wish i knew all the lyrics!..lol..

The last 7 years has been so defining for me and I don't have a Linkedin Account (the kind of gigs that I have done...I can't even post  them here cos..). I have been so favored and all this hard work has really paid off honestly.

I have had great success with largely doing self studies prior to finding Linux Academy in 2014. I have also mentored a lot of my friends using Linux academy as my guideline and most of them are doing great now and are all full paying members of LA.

Anthony, you have created a great ecosystem that has changed the way we learn and acquire IT skill set in general. Thank you for doing a great job along with all your wonderful staffs. You are guys are simply the best but keep doing the good work!

So, finally I'm Red Hat Certified Architect after 5 months of studies!  I am in cloud 9 now! I am not very good with multiple choice but AWS cert here I come. I am coming for my pound of flesh!

I kept on refreshing my email and the result came around past midnight EST.

verify me here : https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/certification/verify/?certId=160-122-636

Lateef

• post-author-pic
    Tony C
    04-27-2018

Excellent work! High five!  @ephico2real 

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    04-27-2018

Nice job and glad you stuck with it!

• post-author-pic
    Rilindo F
    04-27-2018

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    04-27-2018

Congratulations, Lateef! Being able to recognize what went wrong the first time you do something and improve upon it is an invaluable skill in IT, so sometimes failure can be a good learning experience. Especially when it means you pass the second time! :)

• post-author-pic
    Abdennour T
    04-27-2018

Congrats  Lateef! 

• post-author-pic
    Abdennour T
    04-27-2018

Wow! I saw your RedHat certifications. Million congratulations! I would like your assistance to guide me how to reach RedHAT certifications. I l ❤️ve RedHAT ! @Lateef, please keep in touch http://in.abdennoor.com

• post-author-pic
    Pritam P
    04-27-2018

Congratulations

• post-author-pic
    Joseph L
    04-27-2018

Thanks for your detailed sharing of your experience, Lateef - and congratulations big time!

• post-author-pic
    Wayde G
    04-27-2018

Great job!

• post-author-pic
    Craig A
    04-27-2018

Congrats, Lateef!

• post-author-pic
    Keith T
    04-27-2018

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Matthew P
    04-27-2018

I know what it's like to fail a certification. Way to keep at it! Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Matthew U
    04-27-2018

I love your description of what into passing it! Congrats Lateef!

• post-author-pic
    Karen L
    04-27-2018

Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    04-27-2018

We're so glad our hands-on training benefitted you! Congrats on the RHCA That is a HUUUUGE accomplishment!

• post-author-pic
    Fernando M
    04-27-2018

Awesome job! That's great news! Looks like your persistence paid off!

• post-author-pic
    Kim H
    04-27-2018

Congratulations, Lateef!

• post-author-pic
    Kenneth A
    04-27-2018

Good job, Lateef!

• post-author-pic
    Will B
    04-27-2018

Great work, Lateef!

• post-author-pic
    Angie B
    04-27-2018

Awesome job, Lateef! 

• post-author-pic
    Treva W
    04-27-2018

YEAH!!! Congratulations Lateef! 

dztNyAz.gif

This entire post is awesome, & I'm super-proud of you for not letting yourself be slowed down. It is VERY impressive that you earned an RHCA in 5 months! Prepare for a flood of recruiters to start chasing you down, because that shows exceptional skill. Congrats again! 

• post-author-pic
    Trey H
    04-27-2018

Great work. Great skillset.
    I find myself singing kids songs at work too. One of the simple joys of parenthood.

• post-author-pic
    Benny K
    04-28-2018

Hi Lateef, great hearing it. im going to take my exam in 2 weeks time. Would you share the exam experience that i need to watchout without breaking the NDA ?

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    04-28-2018

Awesome!  Great job, Lateef!

• post-author-pic
    t1000
    04-30-2018

Congratulations Lateef!

thanks for sharing the experience and for inspiring story!

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    05-02-2018

Congratulations Lateef!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

• post-author-pic
    Travis T
    05-02-2018

We’re so proud of you! 

• post-author-pic
    Scott T
    05-02-2018

This is so awesome. Thanks for sharing!

• post-author-pic
    James H
    05-02-2018

So great to hear congrats Lateef! We love being a part of your education/career journey.

• post-author-pic
    Andru E
    05-02-2018

Awesome job.  It is impressive that you could recognize what went wrong,  and then to go back and pass!! Congrats! 

• post-author-pic
    Davis E
    05-03-2018

I can just see your excitement in this post. Great work! It sounds like you learned a lot from your first attempt, which is awesome to hear. Instead of letting it discourage you, it was used as motivation and extra details to pass next time. I love it! 

• post-author-pic
    Shirley M
    05-03-2018

Thank you for this post and taking the time to write it.  Love your story.  Perseverence wins the day!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More