Passed GCP Cloud Architect Exam

Just got back from passing my GCP Cloud Architect Exam, what a relief! Big, big thanks to Linux Academy and Matthew Ulasien for the excellent GCP courses provided here.

I can't remember whether it was mentioned here but I think it is worth emphasising even if it was: If you're thinking of sitting your exam and you haven't already, read the case studies provided by Google. Read them again and again. Once you have read them, watch the Google video on cloudconnect.goog  "Deconstructing a Customer Case" to hear Google Engineers breaking down these very case studies. It helped me to print out the case studies, highlight parts, scribble notes of scenarios and products they could use. This will all be invaluable knowledge when you get to the exam as a lot of it refers to these case studies and if you know them well, you'll already have a good idea of a lot of answers.

If you take Matthews GCP courses and know the case studies inside out you'll be just fine come exam time. Good luck people! :)

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    01-16-2018

Congratulations Andrew!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

• post-author-pic
    David C
    01-16-2018

Congrats, Andrew!

• post-author-pic
    Joseph L
    01-16-2018

Fantastic, Andrew! Thanks so much for all the pointers -- I'm sure that's really going to help other students. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us the inside scoop on how you did it.

• post-author-pic
    Kenneth A
    01-16-2018

Good job, Andrew!

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    01-16-2018

Woohoo! Congrats, Andrew!

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    01-16-2018

Nice job!

• post-author-pic
    Chad M
    01-16-2018

Congratulations, Andrew!

• post-author-pic
    Keith T
    01-16-2018

Congratulations and thanks for providing the tips for other students.

• post-author-pic
    Travis T
    01-16-2018

Great job Andrew!

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    01-16-2018

Awesome work, Andrew!

• post-author-pic
    Treva W
    01-16-2018

Way to go, Andrew!

• post-author-pic
    Matthew U
    01-16-2018

Nice job Andrew. Good point about knowing the case studies inside and out. We'll have a section at the start of our part 3 course going over them, and they'll come up as a topic a lot throughout the course.

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    01-16-2018

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Donna J
    01-16-2018

Nice work, Andrew!  Thanks for taking the time to share with others. 

• post-author-pic
    Craig A
    01-16-2018

Congrats Andrew!

• post-author-pic
    Andrew M
    01-16-2018

Thanks all! Good to hear that those case studies will be in Part 3, they are such a large part of the exam. You could potentially do it without knowing the case studies, but it would put you under huge time pressure and risk of mistakes, and that doesn't sound like much fun.

• post-author-pic
    Joe D
    01-17-2018

how long did you study

• post-author-pic
    Andrew M
    01-18-2018

On and off for about 3-4 months. Mainly the courses on here. But also the odd bit of reading, GCP Podcast, Coursera and playing around etc.

• post-author-pic
    Linux A
    01-19-2018

Congrats Andrew and thanks for the valuable insights , will sit for the exam once done with part 3

• post-author-pic
    Linux A
    01-19-2018

@andrewmilne hi can you send me the link to the video ‘deconstructing ...’ cannot find it on cloud connect 

• post-author-pic
    Linux A
    01-19-2018

Found it :)

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    01-19-2018

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Anthony S
    01-22-2018

Congratulations, Andrew!  Thank you for your feedback!

• post-author-pic
    Kevin H
    01-31-2018

Congrats Andrew! Also, could anyone tell me how to get hold of the "deconstructing" videos? :)

• post-author-pic
    Linux A
    02-01-2018

Hi Kevin dont need to now since part 3 is out

• post-author-pic
    Kevin H
    02-02-2018

Yay! This is perfect since im scheduled to take the test next friday! :) Go Linux Academy!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More