July Release Confetti
150+ New Courses, Hands‑On Labs, And
Interactive Learning Activities
Learn More

Passed AWS CSA Associate exam today

Today I passed CSA, and that was hard exam. Developer exam was really easy compared to this one. I am really glad that I decided to get official study guide after doing AWS practice exam. I basically went to developer exam after watching linuxacademy videos 3 times, doing labs twice, read the whitepapers and got 90% from both (aws) practice exam and actual exam. Did same with CSA practice exam and got 80 % (+96% on linuxacademy final exam). At that point, i decided to get the official study guide and read that,  rewatched videos and white papers and still got only 70%. Good thing I got the book, seems like they removed all easy questions and I guess they adjusted passing score (or at least someone is claiming that he passed with 58% on reddit). I really think the book is mandatory, or you have to read AWS documentation pages thoroughly.  When you are in the exam, don't be alarmed if you don't know the answer to every question, just flag the most difficult ones and get easy ones first and then go through the hard ones.  I did spend a bit too much time on harder ones at the beginning.

edit: just want to clarify that Linuxacademy really helped me to get a general idea whats what. I  just want to give heads up for everyone else and wanna share  my guess that after the introduction of "optional" certification level associate exams are bit harder and other similar training sites to linuxacademy are having same problem of having final exams bit too easy, at least until they have time to react. I doubt developer examI took 2 months ago was suppose to be that much easier.

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

pressed replay multiple times...  There was some glitch in UI not showing input box for reply, so thought i would get it by pressing reply. edit didn't work during that glitch either, weird. feel free to remove empty responses.

• post-author-pic
    Trent H
    01-08-2018

Nice work!

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    01-08-2018

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Kim H
    01-08-2018

Congratulations, Ossi!!!

• post-author-pic
    David C
    01-08-2018

Congrats, Ossi!

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

thanks guys. What I really enjoyed about linuxacademy was the speed increase button. I often get bored because instructor speaks too slowly and my mind starts to wander, but since i can increase the speed I was really able to maintain focus during your instruction videos.  I would love to have bit more fine-grained control over the speed if you are thinking of new features to implement. 

• post-author-pic
    Ossi A
    01-08-2018

maybe like couple extra steps between 1.5x and 2x

• post-author-pic
    seelamsnl-b706e65f
    01-08-2018

Congratulations on your success and Thanks for your guidelines 

• post-author-pic
    Bill P
    01-08-2018

Thanks!  Great job.

• post-author-pic
    Joseph L
    01-08-2018

Cool Ossi - we really appreciate all your efforts and thanks especially for all the feedback. 

• post-author-pic
    Treva W
    01-08-2018

Way to go, Ossi!

• post-author-pic
    Craig A
    01-09-2018

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    01-09-2018

Awesome - great job, Ossi!

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    01-09-2018

Great work!

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    01-09-2018

Amazing job,  Ossi!

• post-author-pic
    Kenneth A
    01-09-2018

Well done, Ossi!

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    01-10-2018

Congratulations Ossi! Thanks for sharing with us!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    01-12-2018

Congrats! Great review!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More