I just passed my LPIC-2 Exam 201!!

Hello guys, I just passed my 1st exam of 2 in the LPIC-2 track!! I was very relaxed, probably too relaxed... cause I passed with 570 haha. I blocked at the first question, as I felt it had nothing to do with this test (haha). But before I even start rolling too much of what seemed as scary to me as a horror movie during the test, let me just share some details about my preparation:

Guys, I just memorized that study guide!! I have to admit, I practiced all the labs several times too and took some practice tests but I mostly memorized this SG.

I believe that's what allowed me to pass the test in the first place --as Sid said in the movie Ice Age, "I know my berries" and in my case, I knew my Study Guide + the concepts + how to apply them on a server!

Being my first LPI official test (I went with Comptia Linux + before).
If I had not studied and relied on this knowledge, I would have never passed that test. Some questions were very easy because it was related to a topic I just loved studying (s/o to the best teacher tcox!!). 
Some, on the other side were very hard for me as I did not carefully read (and memorized) all the topic listed on lpi.org.

Guys I just want to insist on that last point because I don't want to make the same mistake on the second exam: Memorize the study guide + All Topics on LPI.org ... If anyone recognize himself in what I'm saying or if you felt the same while taking other LPI certs please ack, it'll guarantee and mean I'm not crazy haha. It just make me study and understand how everything is linked together. I have to admit there was 0 questions unrelated to the commands or concepts listed.
Except for that first question where I blocked haha.

Or maybe it's just obvious but I'm not a cert guru either. 
I hope that helps guys! Take your time to understand the material, some are fun, some are less fun but just stick with it and you will be rewarded. As for me, I can't wati to kill the last part! :)

Good luck to y'all. Sorry for the long post but I had a lot to say haha.
I hope to post a shorter message when I pass next...
  • post-author-pic
    Kenneth A
    12-01-2017

Congratulations, Getraud!  I second your advice on understanding the material.  Memorizing isn't the key to passing a test (the same applies to when you apply these skills in the workplace) but actually understanding the material is important.

Good luck on your next round!

• post-author-pic
    Getraud M
    12-01-2017

Thanks a lot  @kennyarmstrong !!  I take notes. :)

• post-author-pic
    Keith T
    12-01-2017

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience.

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    12-01-2017

First of all, A+ Ice Age reference. That movie is great.
    Second, congratulations, Getraud! Thank you for sharing your tips on how you passed. :)

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    12-01-2017

Way to go!

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    12-01-2017

Congratulations! Once you complete the course, yes I concur, your best FINAL preparation is to memorize that study guide (because then you will understand WHAT you are memorizing)!

• post-author-pic
    Treva W
    12-01-2017

Yeah! Way to go, Getraud!

• post-author-pic
    Linda C
    12-01-2017

Great job on this achievement!

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    12-01-2017

Congrats! Great advice and review!

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    12-02-2017

Woohoo!  Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    12-02-2017

Great job!

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    12-03-2017

Congratulations Getraud! Best of luck as you continue!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

• post-author-pic
    Chad M
    12-04-2017

Congratulations, Getraud!

• post-author-pic
    Bill P
    12-04-2017

Great job!

• post-author-pic
    Emil V
    12-05-2017

Well done! :)

• post-author-pic
    Oleg S
    12-09-2017

my congratulation. May I ask you why you choose LPI and not Red Hat, I choose because I do not have Red Hat Exam Center in my country and what about you ?  

• post-author-pic
    Getraud M
    12-09-2017

That is an excellent question Oleg! I love LPI because it is distribution neutral. It teaches also more topics than RedHat's equivalents, and to me brings more value! After I'm done with this certification, I will study for my AWS Associate Level, and then Chef, Puppet and Ansible (which are offered I believe with RH certs). What is your next after this? 

• post-author-pic
    Oleg S
    12-10-2017

do you plan to pass  second exam? 

• post-author-pic
    Getraud M
    12-11-2017

Working on it as we speak! I hope to pass it around January next year.

• post-author-pic
    Tony S
    12-11-2017

Congratulations, Getraud!

• post-author-pic
    Kenneth A
    12-12-2017

Well done, Getraud!

• post-author-pic
    Martin C
    08-12-2018

Congrats! I didn't see a link or the name of the SG you memorized in your post. Can you providee a link? 

• post-author-pic
    Davis E
    08-14-2018

Thank you so much for sharing! I'm sure others are going to benefit from your advice too. Congratulations! 

• post-author-pic
    Broadus P
    08-14-2018

nice job!!

• post-author-pic
    Fernando M
    08-14-2018

Awesome work! Congrats!! And thanks a lot of all the advice to other students!

• post-author-pic
    Jesus A
    08-25-2018

WELL DONE AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACHIEVEMENT!!! THIS IS YOUR REWARD FOR ALL THE HARD WORK. ENJOY EVERY BIT OF IT.

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More