Pass Linux+ exam.

The second test (LXO-104)  was slightly more challenging than I expected due to fill-in-the-blanks questions. It is definitely easier to choose the correct answer from a list than to remember the exact answer/path, etc...

Of couse, I should have studied the Study Guide more, but I really wanted to get the tests over with and get my certification ASAP. 

Edit: 

Thank you, all! I just wish I'd made my post's title a little less inarticulate. As it turns out, you can't edit the title after it has been saved. I blame it on all the nights of 3-5 hours sleep leading up to taking my test... (That is my story at least and I'm sticking to it.)

I wish I could be more specific on what people need to focus on before taking the test. If it can be of any use to anyone else these are the areas that were most challenging to me:

1) Know the exact paths for everything. Writing them out perfectly is significantly harder than picking from a list.

2) Be ready for fill in the blanks for everything from db related questions to  flags/options/variables. 

3) Be honest with yourself on whatever area happens to be your weakness and spend extra time and effort (and real practice) to get some experience with using them. For example, I have very little (read: none) prior experience with TCP wrappers and xinet/xinetd. Suffice it to say that I will be working on improving that area of personal deficiency...

The other thing I would recommend to those that have not taken the test is to "flag" every question you are remotely concerned about to be able to easily revisit them at the end. You never know, but you may find some hint in another question that makes the correct answer more clear the second time around. If I could not say with 100% certainty that my answer was correct I flagged it.

Thanks again for all the encouragement! Now on to DevOps (and then some)!

• post-author-pic
    John M
    09-25-2017

• post-author-pic
    John M
    09-25-2017

• post-author-pic
    09-25-2017

Congratulations on persevering and getting your certification!

• post-author-pic
    Christopher G
    09-25-2017

Hey! Way to go, John, and congrats on your achievement.

• post-author-pic
    Chad M
    09-25-2017

Congratulations, John!

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    09-25-2017

Awesome!  Congrats, John!

• post-author-pic
    Treva W
    09-25-2017

Way to go, John!

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    09-25-2017

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    David C
    09-25-2017

Congrats, John!

• post-author-pic
    Doug V
    09-25-2017

Awesome, John! And thanks for the exam tips!

• post-author-pic
    Tony S
    09-25-2017

Congratulations, John.  Well done!

• post-author-pic
    Rachel C
    09-25-2017

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Stephen S
    09-25-2017

Way to go on the LXO-104 John!

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    09-26-2017

Congratulations John! Thank you for sharing your feedback and exam tips!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    09-26-2017

Awesome work, John!

• post-author-pic
    Christopher G
    09-26-2017

Thanks for the detailed edit, John! Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Peter T
    09-27-2017

Nice work!

• post-author-pic
    Ryan B
    09-27-2017

John, thats a great write up.  Thanks for taking the time to do that for us.  Big time congrats on the cert.

• post-author-pic
    Donna J
    09-27-2017

Excellent work, John!

• post-author-pic
    Shirley M
    09-28-2017

Awesome job and thank you for the write up!

• post-author-pic
    Shahan K
    09-30-2017

Awesome News!

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    10-01-2017

Congrats!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More