Passed the LPIC-1 102 exam this morning.

To share with others, these are the products I used. The O'Reilly LPI Certification in a nutshell, the Roderick W Smith LPIC-1 Study Guide Third Edition and Linux Academy. Plus the local community college offered a course 2 years ago, took the course but it was material I already was familiar with.  The two books were helpful as it offered more sample questions, or asking questions in a different way. Certainly, Linux Academy, videos, and the study guide were very critical to passing. By the way, I had one of those student composition notebooks 9X7, the kind students use and pretty much filled it up taking notes from Terry's videos.  A sort of distraction is using Solaris at work.  The commands are the same, but there is a lot of parameters and arguments are different. Plus, we mostly use C and tcsh, and not bash - although bash is available and I tend to lean towards using bash. So that is about how this went for me. Looking forward to continuing on. Looking forward to getting the certificate in the mail. Take care my freinds.
  • post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    09-16-2017

Awesome! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your exam and prep insights!

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

• post-author-pic
    Rachel C
    09-16-2017

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    09-16-2017

Nice job!

• post-author-pic
    09-17-2017

Thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations on the certification success!

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    09-17-2017

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Lori N
    09-17-2017

Awesome!

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    09-18-2017

Great job, Frank!

• post-author-pic
    Peter T
    09-18-2017

Very cool Frank!

• post-author-pic
    Tony S
    09-18-2017

Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Trent H
    09-18-2017

Nice work, Frank!

• post-author-pic
    Ryan B
    09-18-2017

Well done Frank.  Really appreciate the insights into how you were able to get through this exam.

• post-author-pic
    Chad M
    09-18-2017

Great job, Frank!  Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Treva W
    09-18-2017

Congratulations, Frank!

• post-author-pic
    Dawn O
    09-18-2017

Thank you, Frank!! And congrats!