AWS CSA Exam Passed!

I went from knowing practically nothing about AWS to passing the AWS CSA exam in less than six weeks.   I went through the AWS Concepts course, the AWS Essentials course and the AWS - CSA course during that time and figured I should try the exam while the concepts were still fresh in my mind.

Here's a couple take-aways I have from the test.  First, make sure you understand AWS solutions conceptually.  This isn't a test where you can memorize questions/answers.  I think this is the biggest reason this course works.  I went through a handful of practice tests while preparing and I didn't recognize more than a couple questions on the test itself.

Also, be sure to re-read all the questions.  There were quite a few questions where the correct answers were based on a single word or phrase (think block vs. object storage, OLTP vs OLAP, etc).

Finally, be sure to get an understand of the capabilities of Route 53, Kinesis Stream vs. Firehose and EMR.  Also, give a browsing through pricing structure for the main services so you have an idea how things are billed.

Thanks LinuxAcademy and spec ifically Thomas Haslett for a great course!
  • post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    09-09-2017

Awesome!  Congrats on passing the exam. I am really happy you enjoyed the course and are now certified!

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    09-09-2017

Way to go - what's next?

• post-author-pic
    Rachel C
    09-10-2017

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Craig A
    09-10-2017

Congrats Rick! Way to get after it!

• post-author-pic
    Doug V
    09-10-2017

Way to go, Rick! And thanks for the exam feedback!

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    09-10-2017

Awesome! You clearly worked hard! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection and add Linux Academy as your school. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert about passing in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com | CloudAssessments.com

• post-author-pic
    Ramesh K
    09-11-2017

Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Peter T
    09-11-2017

Congrats on a job well done!

• post-author-pic
    Jon M
    09-11-2017

Awesome Job!

• post-author-pic
    Justin O
    09-11-2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this. It will no doubt be useful to others. Congrats on the certification!!!

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    09-11-2017

Congratulations, Rick!

• post-author-pic
    Rick W
    09-11-2017

Thanks everyone!  I think my next goal will be getting a firm understanding of Docker and learning to apply that in the cloud.  The only problem with this site is there are too many good courses to choose from.  :)

• post-author-pic
    Brandon M
    09-11-2017

Great work, Rick!

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    09-11-2017

Nice job!

• post-author-pic
    Treva W
    09-11-2017

Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Chad M
    09-11-2017

Wow, great job, Rick!

• post-author-pic
    Travis T
    09-11-2017

Congrats Rick!

• post-author-pic
    Hunter F
    09-12-2017

Congratulations! 

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    09-15-2017

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Shirley M
    09-15-2017

Wow--that's an achievement for sure!  Congrats to you.

• post-author-pic
    Hugh N
    09-15-2017

Congrats! dude

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More