Passed LFCE

The LinuxAcademy and the LinuxFoundation courses were very helpful in my preparation. Would like to specially thank LinuxAcademy for their cloud servers which saved me a lot of time rather than having to keep creating VM's on my system, I could quickly deploy LinuxAcademy servers for practice. Also would like to thank LinuxAcademy and Course Instructor, Terrence Cox for excellent course content and delivery, did the LFCE course and the Ansible, Docker quickstart courses and they were great.

Advice for those giving the exam; read the preparation guide and syllabus carefully and practice and document tasks, use your documentation to repeat and further streamline tasks, document and repeat. Also system documentation is very helpful if you need reference for configuration and parameters, so be familiar with system documentation before you give the exam. If you have a multiple attempt exam, give at least a months time between the first and second attempt to revise and practice.

• post-author-pic
    Shahan K
    06-01-2017

@varc  Great to hear you were able to utilize the platform to assist in your goal! Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Doug V
    06-01-2017

That's awesome, Varun! Thanks so much for the kind words and also for the exam advice.

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    06-01-2017

Congrats! Great review and feedback, thanks!

• post-author-pic
    Rachel C
    06-01-2017

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    David C
    06-01-2017

Congrats, Varun!

• post-author-pic
    Kevin J
    06-01-2017

Well done.

• post-author-pic
    Christophe L
    06-01-2017

Thanks for sharing your tips, I'm sure it will be very helpful to other students! Congratulations on passing!

• post-author-pic
    Emily M
    06-01-2017

Congratulations, Varun! Great work! 

• post-author-pic
    Celeste G
    06-01-2017

Great job! Thanks!

• post-author-pic
    Derek M
    06-01-2017

Awesome!

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    06-01-2017

Woohoo!  Congrats, Varun!  Thanks for the good feedback. 

• post-author-pic
    Treva W
    06-01-2017

Way to go, Varun!

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    06-01-2017

Nice job!

• post-author-pic
    Varun C
    06-01-2017

Thanks everyone, starting to work on my AWS Associate certs, thanks for the AWS Essentials and Associates courses.

• post-author-pic
    Getraud M
    06-01-2017

Yes!! Congrats Varun and thank you for the info, I will try to remember. Good luck for the rest :)

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    06-02-2017

Awesome work, Varun!

• post-author-pic
    Travis T
    06-02-2017

Great job Varun!

• post-author-pic
    Stephen S
    06-02-2017

Awesome Job  @varc !

• post-author-pic
    Brandon M
    06-02-2017

Congrats, Varun!!

• post-author-pic
    Hunter F
    06-02-2017

Congratulations! 

• post-author-pic
    Donna J
    06-02-2017

Nice job, Varun!  Glad you are liking the site!   

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    06-02-2017

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you found my course material helpful!

• post-author-pic
    Colette W
    06-02-2017

Congrats!! Thanks for the feedback!

• post-author-pic
    Nizam U
    07-13-2017

congrats

• post-author-pic
    Nizam U
    07-13-2017

Hi, one question, during the exam are you allowed to install third party packages such as. httpd-manual which is the very helpful guide for SSL self-signed certification configuration.

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    07-13-2017

You can install any third party tools or utilities that are available in the STANDARD repositories of the distribution you choose to test on.

• post-author-pic
    Nizam U
    07-13-2017

Thank you, Terry.
    How do I find out if the -  crypto-utils  and  httpd-manual  are available on the STANDARD repo?  

The $yum whatprovides  - command return the results with Repo : base , is it mean the STANDARD REPO?

Thank you

• post-author-pic
    Varun C
    07-13-2017

Yes the base repo is the standard repo, also everything you need is available in the man pages and config files

• post-author-pic
    Shirley M
    07-13-2017

Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Nizam U
    07-13-2017

Thank you Varun.

• post-author-pic
    Nizam U
    07-14-2017

Hi Varun, Would you mind to chat about the exam, I would need some advice from you.  I am planning to sit for LFCE exam on Thursday.  let me know if you are happy to chat. Thank you

• post-author-pic
    Varun C
    07-15-2017

Please post any questions you have to the forum, I would be more than happy to reply, posting to the forum also helps other students and the community.

• post-author-pic
    Gavin G
    07-18-2017

Hello Varun,

Can you share how to make a plan to prepare for the lfce exam and how many time you needed to prepare the exam? I just registered the course on 7/14 and currently, I'm trying to plan the reasonable schedule of studying the material and finally book the time of the exam.

• post-author-pic
    Nizam U
    07-19-2017

Hi Varun, Did you use any other course and learning materials than LA LFCE course?  

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More