Passed this exam today.

Hello!

Today I successfully passed the Cloud Essentials exam. I would like to express my gratitude toward Stephen Smith and Linux Academy for the materials provided. They certainly were helpful toward passing this test.

Course Highlights:
  • This course's video library has a lot of valuable information consended into a very consumable <3 hours.
  • The official Linux Academy Cloud Essentials study guide. It's an attractive document that is easy to read. If you can pace yourself and read the document in between lectures, you might get through it 2 times - which would be plenty.
Course critique:
  • Steven Smith. Great instructor, but a little past paced for me. Some of the courses seemed a little short (<3min).
  • Slide deck. It's downloadable, but it would have been helpful to have more useful information on them. Some slides just refer to the names of topics that will be discussed iwth little to no actual content.
  • Practice tests. I felt great when taking them! I was able to make steady progress, and they assisted me in taking other practice tests from another provider as that test date grew nearer. However, as was mentioned by someone in the study group, I encountered a real flurry of ITIL questions that weren't covered heavily enough in the practice exam.
Summary:
Be prepared to be annoyed at the questions asked by the testing suite.  The questions asked are complicated business organization scenarios. If you are taking this course in order as prescribed by the Linux Academy Linux track, or AWS track, you might not be prepared to answer so many business related questions. The questions and the answers themselves are half-baked, or I have serious reading comprehension problems.. I literally felt as if I was failing the entire time... It was very frustrating. Luckily, it was a positive outcome!

Thanks Linux Academy!
  • post-author-pic
    Shahan K
    12-20-2016

Awesome news and thanks for leaving feedback  @lordpenguin !

• post-author-pic
    James M
    12-20-2016

Well done, Dean!

• post-author-pic
    Johnny J
    12-20-2016

@lordpenguin: Great write-up! Congrats on your accomplishment :D. How may people were in your study group?

• post-author-pic
    Emily M
    12-20-2016

Congratulations, Dean, thanks for the feedback!

• post-author-pic
    Hunter F
    12-20-2016

Congratulations! 

• post-author-pic
    Christopher G
    12-20-2016

Thanks so much, Dean! And congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Stephen S
    12-20-2016

Congrats  @lordpenguin !  Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback as it always helps us to make our content the best it can be.

• post-author-pic
    Dean H
    12-20-2016

Johnny - not very many. It is not an active study group - only a few threads. Many thanks to @stephen for creating the group. I'm sure it will gain traction as more and more learners begin to use the course.

• post-author-pic
    Shiraz K
    12-20-2016

congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Davis E
    12-20-2016

I love when people take the time to give detailed feedback about things like this. It seems clear that you're astute and working hard. Keep it up!

• post-author-pic
    George S
    12-20-2016

Feedback is always good to have. Thank you for that -- but most importantly, congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    12-20-2016

Congrats and thanks for the feedback!

• post-author-pic
    Dawn O
    12-20-2016

Thanks for the feedback, Dean. Congrats!!

• post-author-pic
    Colette W
    12-20-2016

Congrats!!

• post-author-pic
    Doug V
    12-20-2016

Great feedback, Dean. Way to go!

• post-author-pic
    Justin O
    12-20-2016

Appreciate the intel. Thank you for taking the time to write a thought out review. Congrats on the certification!!!

• post-author-pic
    Manisha S
    12-20-2016

That is great feedback, thanks for sharing!

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    12-21-2016

Woohoo!  Congrats, on passing the exam!

• post-author-pic
    Michelle G
    12-21-2016

CONGRATULATIONS Dean! Thank you for the feedback, it's super helpful!

• post-author-pic
    Richard L
    12-21-2016

Awesome job Dean!

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    12-21-2016

Congratulations, Dean! Thank you for sharing your experience and suggestions. :D

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    12-21-2016

Way to go!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More