Big Data Certification

I just passed my Linux Essentials last week (thank you to Linux Academy!) and I am already planning to take another certification early next year which is Big Data.

I've been reading few articles about what cert to take. The most interesting for me is the CCA Hadoop and Spark developer certification.  Any idea what is best cert to take? especially for a beginner in the field of Big Data :)

Regards,
Selwyn
  • post-author-pic
    Doug V
    11-09-2016

Nice, Selwyn! I'll leave it to my more experienced peers to suggest the next steps, but definitely take them.

• post-author-pic
    Shahan K
    11-09-2016

Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    David S
    11-09-2016

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    tcox
    11-09-2016

Way to go!

• post-author-pic
    Manisha S
    11-09-2016

Congratulations on passing Linux Essentials. To transition into Big Data certification you have multiple options depending on your interests. If you are skilled with Linux administration, a Hadoop administration certification offered by Hortonworks(HDPCA) is your best choice which includes building and managing Hadoop clusters. If you also have development experience with languages like Java, Python, SQL etc a Hortonworks developer certification (HDPCD), Cloudera CCP Data Engineer or CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer is  suitable for you.

Good luck in your journey!

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    11-09-2016

Congratulations! 

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    11-09-2016

Congratulations on the pass, Selwyn!

• post-author-pic
    Hunter F
    11-09-2016