If you didn’t get a chance to read it yet, we got to hear Trent Hayes’ story about his connection between tech and education and how this connection has influenced his learning journey. Here’s a little more about him outside of work!
Currently listening to: Welcome Home – Coheed & Cambria (on the radio as I work on this)
1. What do you do at Linux Academy?
I started right at the beginning of July as an AWS Course Author. Currently, I am working on Quests and Challenges in Cloud Assessments.
2. What did you do before this?
I was a Network Engineer in a data center for a large transportation company.
3. What do you like most about what you do?
I enjoy teaching and having opportunities to help students in their journey.
4. What’s your favorite part of working at Linux Academy?
First, helping students. I don’t have a course or videos out there yet but have been active in the community and working tickets to help the students. Secondly, my colleagues here. It is great to be in a situation where it seems everyone is out to help each other.
5. What do you do in your free time?
I like to ride motorcycles, I’m a gamer, and I coach soccer. I also have built a home studio that I have done some production and mix engineering in.
6. Favorite food
7. Favorite quote
“Without music, life would be a mistake” – Friedrich Nietzsche
8. What’s something you’re really excited about right now?
Getting ready to head to the mountains for a week.
9. Favorite past time
Motorcycle trips with the wife.
10. What do you like to collect?
Music gear for my studio, parts for the motorcycle.
11. If you could have any superpower, what would it be, and why?
Telekinesis, just to move stuff around and freak people out.