This week is all about Google. But first, a couple of announcements. The first is a reminder about the Certified Solutions Architect Professional level course that was released last week. We’ve been getting multiple rave reviews over it, and we can’t wait for you to try it and let us know what you think.
I also want to announce our special $299 a year promotion that will be launching sometime in the next few weeks! The promotion gives users access to all of our Linux Academy content at a huge discount. Anyone can take advantage of this pricing, and as long as you continue to renew annually, it will stay $299 for the entire time you are a part of Linux Academy.
A reminder that the Linux Academy Playground has Google Cloud Sandboxes! In a Google Cloud sandbox, you can create environments to practice and explore everything Google Cloud has to offer, at no extra cost. Even more of a reason to take advantage of our $299 a year promotion. On top of that, we are releasing 7 new Google labs. That’s a lab a day! It also brings our count of Google hands-on labs to a total of 32.
As much as you love our labs, we know that you also love our courses! Here are the two new Google courses at Linux Academy!
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Developer certification course.
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect is currently in a Live Preview for all of our users. This course provides Topical discussion, hands-on labs, and practice exams to get your ready for the certification test.
Tweet of the Week
This week’s Tweet of the Week gem giveaway goes to @jmeridth!
Congratulations on your win! For those of you wondering how to to get entered into the Tweet of the Week, all you have to do is Tweet either @linuxacademyCOM or @anthonydjames with your personal thoughts and reviews of Linux Academy.
This week was Google week, and next week will be all about AWS. Make sure to tune in to learn more about what we are revealing and all the new content you can use to learn about AWS. We already teased you with the Introduction to Python course, so you can only imagine what we have coming.
Don’t forget to take a look at our free, weekly podcast episodes!
- Choose Linux — Manjaro 18 + Starting Your Journey: The Linux Gaming Report rolls forward as Jason tests Manjaro 18 and we offer some best practices and tips for choosing Linux!
- Coder Radio — Riding the Rails: Mike explores the state of Xamarin.Android development on Linux and we talk frameworks versus libraries and what Rails got right. Plus adventures with rust on MacOS, your feedback, and more!
- Linux Action News — Linux Action New 99: Is Linux gaming really being saved by Google’s Stadia platform? We discuss the details and possibilities; and good news for KDE Connect users — Intel begins work on next-generation open source video drivers, and much more.
- LINUX Unplugged — Stay and Compile a While: We discuss when and why you might want to consider building your own software vs. installing a package. Plus some useful things Mozilla is working on and Cassidy joins us to tell us about elementary OS’ big choice.
- TechSNAP — Supply Chain Attacks: We break down the ASUS Live Update backdoor and explore why these kinds of supply chain attacks are on the rise. Plus an update from the Linux vendor firmware service, your feedback, and more!
- User Error — Emergency Condiments: What attracted us to Linux in the first place, planning for when tech goes away, and why we aren’t surrounded by alien life. Plus a difficult culinary choice for Dan, and what we’d use instead of Linux.