May is almost here, and we’re ringing in the new month with 4 new Kubernetes container courses! This week we also have some exciting announcements you aren’t going to want to miss. The first, we’re extending our $299 a year promo until May 5th! That gives you one more week to lock in the discounted price, and remember, if you refer a friend you’ll get extra gems to spend in our Swag Store!
Speaking of gems, we have a new way for you to get thousands of them! We are hosting the Cloud Playground Challenge, where you create a real-world project to show off your skills in our Cloud Playground. For more information, take a look at this blog post!
Can’t Contain Our Excitement
This week is full of Kubernetes content, both completely new and updates to a well-loved course.
- The Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) certification course won’t just help you pass the CKAD certification, but also teaches students how to build and design applications with Kubernetes; so even if you aren’t going for the certificate, if you’re interested in building and designing applications with Kubernetes, this is a course for you.
- Linux Academy Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (ex280) Prep Course teaches how to use cluster administration and prepares students for the 280 Exam.
- Docker Deep Dive has been revamped, and has even more hands-on labs! With all the new content, you won’t want to miss this deep dive, and may even want to revisit it!
- The Cloud Native Certified Kubernetes Administrator course by Chad Crowell is the fourth course we’re releasing this week. Chad’s course uses our Linux Academy Playground, allowing you to personally work in Kubernetes without having to worry about compliance or breaking your personal Kubernetes instances.
Not sure where to get started with Kubernetes, or know some about it but are unsure how to continue your learning? Take a look at our personalized quiz for Kubernetes to help you figure out where to get started. Also, a quick reminder that all of this content is on our mobile app for Android and iOS! Make sure to download Linux Academy and have all our courses conveniently in your pocket.
Remember to stay tuned to the blog, and subscribe to us on Youtube, so you don’t miss an update. Next week is going to be all about Azure!
We also highly suggest taking a listen to our free podcasts! Here are the newest ones for this week:
- Coder Radio — A Life of Learning: We celebrate the life of the Erlang author Dr. Joe Armstrong by remembering his many contributions to computer science and unique approach to lifelong learning.Plus some code to read, your feedback, and more!
- LINUX Unplugged — Blame Joe: This week we discover the good word of Xfce and admit Joe was right all along, share our tips for making Xfce more modern, and take at a look at the new Debian leader, the end of Scientific Linux, and go behind the scenes of Librem 5 apps.
- TechSNAP — Snapshot Sanity: We continue our take on ZFS as Jim and Wes dive into snapshots, replication, and the magic of copy on write. Plus some handy tools to manage your snapshots, rsync war stories, and more!