Last week we had quite a few announcements, including the launches of Automating AWS with Lambda, Python, and Boto3 and AWS Advanced Networking Specialty. We also started our $299/year promo! This promo ends April 28th, so make sure to lock in this price! And don’t forget to tell your friends. When one of your referred friends signs up, you get 500 gems which can be used to buy swag from our Swag Store. 500 gems are enough to get one of our awesome zip up hoodies! So don’t forget to refer a friend when signing up for your new discounted price!
As we promised, this week is all about Linux. New courses, course revamps, and all with amazing content just for you. So what are these fantastic new and improved courses?
- Network Routing Fundamentals and the Network Protocol Fundamentals courses are here to take you through all of the basics for routing and protocols, giving you the baseline knowledge you’ll need to build off of as you continue to learn.
- The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting Prep Course is ready for you to dive into and learn everything you’ll need to know for the Redhat Certified Architect certification exam.
- Red Hat Certified Administrator, which I wrote, is being retired and replaced with Linux Academy Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator RHCSA (EX200) Prep Course. I am happy to have my course replaced by this up-to-date, information-packed course that is sure to help you get through the RHCSA 200 exam.
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004 Certification Exam is the fifth course going out this week, and it covers the new version of the CompTIA Linux+ exam. While this course already has a ton of content, including multiple hands-on labs, there will be even more content to come in the future.
Next Week: Kubernetes
Don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already so that you don’t miss any of the new Kubernetes content we’re putting out. We’ve got security content coming at ya, and possibly just a touch of machine learning, but you’ll have to keep tuned in to find out.
For those of you needing something nerdy to listen to during the day, take a look at this week’s new podcasts!
- Choose Linux — The Xfce Surprise + Entroware Ares Review: Jason leaves the warm embrace of GNOME and tries Xfce for 24 hours. What happened took him by surprise! Then we dive into some hardware talk about the latest All-In-One Linux PC from Entroware, which packs in a lot of quality for the price, but are there any downsides?
- Coder Radio — A Week with WSL: Mike’s back with thoughts on his recent adventures with the Windows Subsystem for Linux and what it might mean for the future of Linux development. Plus the hurdles of working with an eGPU, why you should learn languages you might not use, and a neat pick for playing with HTTP.
- Linux Action News — Linux Action News 102: Our take on Ubuntu 19.04, OpenSSH has an important release, and Mozilla brings Python to the browser. Also, WebThings is launched, and we think it might have a shot.
- LINUX Unplugged — Release the Dingo: Ubuntu’s new release is here, and this one might be one of the most important in a while. But is it worth upgrading from an LTS? We review and debate just that.
- TechSNAP — Everyday ZFS: Jim and Wes sit down to bust some ZFS myths and share their tips and tricks for getting the most out of the ultimate filesystem. Plus when not to use ZFS, the surprising way your disks are lying to you, and more!