Welcome to week 3 of our 70+ month of new Courses, Challenges, and hands-on Learning Activities! We hope you’re enjoying everything we released in week 1 and week 2 of this super exciting month. We’re celebrating all April long, join us and enter to win swag or a one-year free subscription to Linux Academy here!
With 70+ new Courses, Challenges, and hands-on Learning Activities launching this month, it’s hard to stay updated on everything coming out. If you miss our livestream announcements, you can get filled in on what was released below! You can also always watch the recorded streams at your convenience on our YouTube – subscribe for updates!
Develop your cloud skills through hands-on training to advance your career – Start your 7-day free trial here.
With 900+ hands-on labs and 600+ exercises on cloud servers, we offer the most hands-on cloud training. And we’re just getting started! Are you ready for another week of exciting new content and hands-on learning?
So far, we’ve released these new Courses, Challenges, and hands-on Learning Activities:
Spring Content Releases Week 3 Livestream Recaps:
April 25th – NGINX, Git, Salt, and Blockchain Content Announced. Watch the livestream here!
One of our most requested courses is here! NGINX Web Server Deep Dive will give you the experience and confidence necessary to use NGINX as a web server, reverse proxy, and load balancer. Through 5 hands-on labs, you’ll learn how to configure and work with NGINX to make deploying any application in your environment much easier.
Hands-on labs in this course:
- Installing and Configuring Nginx as an HTTP Server
- Configuring and Forcing HTTPS Traffic with NGINX
- Using NGINX as a Reverse Proxy for Web Applications and Blog
- Load Balancing with NGINX
- Performance (Compression and Keep-Alives) with NGINX
We also announced Source Control With Git, where you’ll learn how to create your own project repositories, keep track of changes made to your project, and contribute to an outside project. With 5 hands-on labs, you’ll get the real-world experience needed to know how to install your own web-based Git server.
Hands-on labs in this course:
- Installing Git and Configuring for Local Use
- Creating Local Repositories with Git and Adding/Checking in Files
- Cloning a Remote Repository (with Github)
- Branching and Merging Code with Git Source Control
- Securing Your Github Account Using SSH Keys
You asked for it and it’s here! In Using Salt for Configuration Management and Orchestration, you’ll learn how to effectively use Salt to manage your infrastructure environments. Get hands-on experience in live environments to learn how to efficiently manage your entire server fleet, both from a remote configuration perspective and by using “infrastructure as code” concepts.
Hands-on labs in this course:
- Extending the NGINX Formula
- Setting Grain Roles and Using the sys Module
- Setting Up a Salt Master and Minion
- Creating a Basic NGINX Salt Formula
- Using Pillar to Create a Users Formula
Have you tuned in to a Scale Your Code interview? In the newest episode, learn how you can apply blockchain outside of cryptocurrency! It’s something you won’t expect…
Christophe Limpalair hosts with Jack Levin, founder and CEO of Nventify.
Last week to enter to win a swag pack or one free year subscription to Linux Academy HERE! Make sure to tune in here on Monday, April 30th at 10:30 am CST to see if you win the grand prize!
April 23rd – Hands-On Linux and DevOps Content. Watch the livestream here!
Hear from Course Authors Kenny Armstrong and Travis Thomsen as they discuss their new courses.
We introduce Mastering Systemd with Kenny Armstrong, where you’ll learn the reasoning for the switch to systemd, along with how it’s used in modern Linux systems. After taking this course, you’ll know about the various system management tools that come with systemd and even how to create nspawn containers using nothing more than systemd itself.
This course has 4 hands-on Learning Activities to give you experience in a real live environment.
- Working with Services in Systemd – Start/Stop/Restart/Status
- Changing the Default Target of a System
- Creating a Systemd Compatible CentOS 7 Container
- Creating a Systemd Compatible Debian Container
Next, we introduce Cloud Foundry Certified Developer with Travis Thomsen, where you’ll learn how to deploy your apps to Cloud Foundry and connect backing services like MySQL, MongoDB, and Memcache to it. Want to use a private domain? No problem, you’ll learn how to create an alias in your DNS and then add the domain to Cloud Foundry.
This course has 19 hands-on Learning Activities and 22 quizzes to help you completely understand the concepts and gain real-world experience!
- Installing cf-cli
- Pushing an App to Cloud Foundry
- Deploying an App to a New Space
- Generating a Manifest From a Running App
- Creating a Manifest
- Using SSH to Access Your App in Cloud Foundry
- Specifying a Buildpack When Deploying Your App
- Deploying an App Using a Static Buildpack
- Securing an App with SSL
- Taking Over a Blue Green Deployments
- Deploy an App Using Microservices
- Scaling an App Vertically
- Scaling an App Horizontally
- Deploying an App with a Backing Service
- Using a Route Service with Your App in Cloud Foundry
- Deploying a Service Broker to Cloud Foundry
- Setting up a Syslog Drain
- Troubleshooting a Broken Deployment
- Deploying an App to Cloud Foundry
Our third release of the day is Elastic Stack Essentials with Myles Young that will introduce you to the various services that make up the Elastic Stack. Once you’re familiar with the roles and important terms of each service, you’ll get to see the Elastic Stack in action as we use it to collect, ship, process, store, and visualize web server access logs to gain insights about the log data and ask it ad-hoc questions.
Once you’ve seen what it can do, you can try it out yourself with a live environment where you can setup the stack and aggregate some logs of your own!
We give away LOTS of SWAG! Enter to win an exclusive swag pack or one free year subscription to Linux Academy HERE! Make sure to tune in here on Wednesday, April 25th at 10:30 am CST to see if you win!