Skip to main content

AWS re:Invent is right around the corner, which means it’s time to prep for the madness! Any re:Invent veteran will tell you planning is the key to a successful week at re:Invent, so the intention of this blog is to help you get your plan started on the right track. Over 60,000 AWS enthusiasts will be in Las Vegas for the event November 26 – 30th, so trust me when I say planning is essential. Not only will your learning goals thank you, but so will your feet! Start here with the Pre-event Checklist!

Campus

Planning your day out is essential to make the most of your week. Desired sessions can be located in different buildings, which can take a toll on your physical capabilities when considering hotels can be miles away from one another. Despite physical capabilities, traveling takes time, and there is never enough time in a day! So plan wisely!

The Venetian is the main hub of re:Invent. Welcome Reception, Keynotes, Expo, Builders fair, Breakout overflow rooms, workshops, certification exams, certification lounge, and pretty much everything available to attendees at any other venue will be available here! Not to mention, the Linux Academy team will be in the expo, so come hang out with us at booth #2544!

Transportation


Campus Shuttle (pic of Direct Routes)
“The campus shuttles run continuously, on direct routes, to and from our campus venues – Aria, Bellagio, Encore, MGM, Mirage, Venetian, and the re:Play venue – during the posted schedule. Plan ahead for peak travel times before and after major events such as Midnight Madness, Meals, Welcome Reception, Keynotes, Pub Crawl, and re:Play. Your re:Invent badge is required to ride campus shuttles.”
Walking Routes with Times

“Note walking routes only (no shuttles provided) between Aria and the Bellagio, and between Encore, Mirage and the Venetian. Accessible shuttles are available – see information above.” – AWS re:Invent Team

Re:Invent Learning

Re:Invent is full of fun and adventures, but let’s be honest.. Your boss is most likely expecting you to come back with some new knowledge to implement on the job. Luckily, there is no shortage of learning experiences from keynotes, unlimited amounts of breakout sessions, content hubs, chalk talk, workshops, builders fair, hackathons, boot camps, hands-on labs, and certifications!

Breakout Sessions

If you didn’t pre-register for the breakout sessions you want to attend on October 11th, don’t panic! They only pre-fill breakout sessions to 75%, the other 25% is first come first serve, so make sure you are at the destinations a generous amount of time ahead for must-attend sessions. Also – to help with the issue of running from venue to venue, there will be overflow rooms in every venue to show the most popular sessions. Re:Invent does an amazing job at offering over a thousand breakout sessions over AWS core topics, emerging technologies, and developing tech. You will find sessions that cover just about anything from databases, analytics & big data, security & compliance, enterprise, machine learning, and compute, to name a few. Breakout sessions are welcome to any level of expertise as well from Introductory (200), Advanced (300), and Expert (400).

Hands-on Labs

Linux Academy is founded on a belief that the only way to learn is by doing! We encourage everyone to register for a Spotlight Lab and LEARN! If you need more hands-on learning, you can access Linux Academy Hands-On Labs 24/7 from anywhere!

Re:Invent Play Time

Okay – re:Invent isn’t all work, you have to let loose in order to retain all the information! So plan on grabbing your AWS buds and HAVE FUN!

Sunday

12PM – 5:30PM Harley Ride
10PM – 1AM Midnight Madness!
10PM – 12AM Tatonka Challenge

Monday

4PM – 7PM Welcome Reception
Stop by our booth #2544 for exclusive swag! ?

Tuesday

6AM 4K & 8K Run
6PM – 8PM Pub Crawl
ALL DAY Three Square: Backpack for Kids

Wednesday

5PM Linux Academy Raffle at booth #2544
7PM – 9Pm Linux Academy Happy Hour

Thursday

8PM – 12AM re:PLAY Party
8:45 – 12AM Broomball
Want to schedule a time to meet with the Linux Academy team? Request a meeting here!

We hope you have a great re:Invent! Don’t forget to come see us at booth #2544!

1 Comments

Image of Eric Hammond
Eric Hammond
1 year ago

I believe the reserved seats make up 75% of the room capacity. The other 25% (and the reserved seats that don’t show up at least 10 minutes before the session starts) go to attendees waiting in line.

Image of ChazWallace
ChazWallace
1 year ago

You’re completely right! Silly mistake by me. Thank you for catching that.

Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *